Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We're looking for a Field Application Engineer to join our team in Cairo, Egypt.
We are seeking a dynamic and professional technical person, who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast-paced, fun, and friendly environment. In this position, you will be focused on technical support of Siemens Digital Industries Software leading-edge Calibre products.Responsibilities:
- Drive adoption of Siemens Digital Industries Software Calibre family of software products by executing both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities.
- Assess how company products meet customer needs.
- Prepare product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
- Develop and deliver software demonstrations and technical presentations.
- Present software solutions at conferences and technical forums to increase awareness of products and generate leads.
- Perform benchmark evaluations for customers.
- Provide on-site support during enablement, integration, and deployment of and when issues arise with the use of Siemens EDA software products.
- Work with area sales management, account teams, and customers to understand business opportunities.
- Contribute to technical sales plans and communicate with peers and field technical management on progress and account status.
- Provide pre-sales technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations. Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field.
- Establish strategies to broaden target applications for software products.
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in IC Physical Verification including (Calibre, ICV, Assura, PVS).
- Experience in IC Digital Design or Custom Layout and or related CAD skills is preferred.
- Experience in DRC (Design Rule Checking), LVS (Layout vs. Schematic), ERC (Electrical Rule Checks), PEX (Parasitic Extraction), PERC (Programmable Electrical Rule Checking) type verification flows is preferred.
- Experience with IC Digital Design (Place and Route) tools is preferred.
- Must enjoy working with customers and in a large team environment.
- Expert level scripting/programming skills are a plus.
- A working familiarity with Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or C programming required.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time