The Division includes the Rail Infrastructure sector which is a leader in providing state-of-the-art software-based Signalling, communication and control systems that enable the operation of trains in mainline and mass transit systems across the UK and beyond.
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active throughout the United Kingdom for over 170 years with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
The Siemens Mobility Division, with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
About the role
Together we are driving Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalise. Join us and help us make real what matters.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Specialist Trainer to join our Siemens Mobility Education and Skills (E&S)Training function. Reporting to the Business Partner / Training Head for Rail Infrastructure and working closely with the Education and Skills Leadership Team, you will be responsible the technicality of all signalling training material and equipment, acting as an SME for E&S for both new and legacy training. You will also be required to deliver legacy training to our clients from time to time
You will need to take ownership of our legacy training strategy, training delivery plan and implementation of legacy product related training for our client. You will also need to liaise with Rail Infrastructure and the Business Partner / Training Head for Rail Infrastructure for all new technology, taking a large role in development and implementation of the new technology training strategy, and the mentoring of trainers regarding new to a topic.
You will need to apply your existing experience and passion for railway Signalling training to ensure key business deliverables are achieved. The role is responsible for all aspects of legacy and new technology training including safety critical railway signalling and control systems.
You will drive Siemens’ training offering forward using technology and modern training techniques. Behaviours are a major factor in this role with a strong focus on Stakeholder engagement.
What are your responsibilities
- To develop and deliver learning / training solutions using a combined approach to both internal and external staff related legacy safety critical signalling and control systems.
- Ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality procedures and meet all applicable legislation, safety/customer standards and project requirements.
- Deliver technical training courses as required
- Assist Business Partner / Head of training RI in developing the strategy for deciding on how technical training is delivered: classroom, practical, online or e-learning, together with internal or external provided courses.
- Liaise with the Chief Engineer to agree the technical and non-technical training content requirements
- Develop training as required in response to incident learning
- As a Senior trainer, you will be expected to support the Business Partner / Training Head for Rail Infrastructure. This could be in the form of (but not limited to) line management responsibilities, project/tender work and wider stakeholder engagement.
- Support the Business Partner/Training Head for Rail Infrastructure in internal project bidding activity by producing training information and written proposals as required. Attend relevant Project Boards/Meetings to advise and consult on relevant training considerations.
- Act as an Subject Matter Expert for the creation of new course material, the update of existing material and developing requirements and initial story boards for e-learning.
- Act as a mentor for new & existing trainers in signalling.
- Responsible for the technical content of all signalling training material and equipment
- Actively participate in our business improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Collaboration with internal Siemens and external customers to identify and deliver the training requirements for their area of responsibility.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities. Collate and respond to customer feedback to ensure Siemens Mobility builds trust and confidence in the market
- Support the development of annual training budgets and produce/deliver training to budgetary requirements
- Demonstrate Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Mobility Values, Behaviours and Siemens Mobility Business Conduct Guidelines. Behaviours are a strong factor in this role with a focus on Stakeholder engagement.
- Explore the opportunity of developing training partnerships within the wider railway industry.
- Oversee delivery of the Training & Competency Plan containing the Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Training Course specification, Training Environment specification and WLR Training Programme.
- Co-ordinate all related training activities and provide a visible primary point of contact for training for legacy and new technology.
- Works with the Signalling &Telecoms Maintenance Engineers, Network Rail Route Services & the Project Client team to ensure all training and competency support needs are met.
What do you need to qualify for this job
- Be educated to HND level in a STEM subject (or equivalent) and should have sound experience of signalling.
- Have broad knowledge in the engineering and technical aspects of UK Railway Signalling
- You have the ability to write training strategies, plan and implement delivery of training
- You will have the ability to engage with clients on project scope, attend planning meetings and define new ways of working
- You have the ability review course material
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with customers at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to work on your own initiative as part of a virtual team
- Experience in an industry with high levels of regulation and compliance
- CIPD Training and Development qualification or equivalent experience
- You have the ability to write course material
- Member or Fellow of the Institution of Railway Signalling Engineers
- Chartered Engineer
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
What else do you need to know?
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time