About the Division
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close collaboration with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
Function of the Role:
Plans and executes sales targets and activities in a specified region for the portfolio of a unit in order to increase sales with all kinds of potential customers and to achieve defined commercial targets.
Responsibilities of the Role:
* Plans sales volumes and potentials of all customers in Port Elizabeth
* Provides information via CRM for forecasts and planning.
* Analyzes the specific market conditions and builds a sound market related network of stakeholders.
* Spots opportunities for local product and service portfolio solutions.
* Prepares customer contact, builds, and maintains a customer focused network.
* Prepares / coordinates and negotiates proposals in cooperation with proposal management / other involved professionals and management.
* Coordinates the realization of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs.
* Completes sales and revenue related key reporting.
* Contributes to the development of After-Market business in the region.
* May act as a point of contact to customers in commercial matters and influences collaboration within the organization to secure customer support
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering (LC)
5 years plus Technical Sales Experience
Must have a good understanding of Drive Technology and Automation (VSD's, SIMATIC,Automation, Switchgear and Integrated Solutions)
Must have excellent Communication Skills and be able to build on current customer base
Must be disciplined and self motivated
Must be willing to travel
The successful incumbent will report to the head of sales
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
The company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets under the Employment Equity Act will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with the POPI Act, GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time