Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Senior Software Architect (f/m/d) for Magnetic Resonance (MR) with a focus on "safe scanner operation" (Safety Risk Management) to take on architectural responsibility and help us pioneer breakthroughs in Magnetic Resonance for everyone, everywhere.
Choose the best place for your work – Within the scope of this position, it is possible, in consultation with your manager, to work mobile (within Germany) up to an average volume of 60% of the respective working hours.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Together with your architecture colleagues you will define the software architecture of Magnetic Resonance systems and integrate this into our Healthineers Ecosystem
- In doing so, you will identify relevant non-functional requirements, develop architectural solutions and coordinate them with the international agile development teams
- You will pay special attention to risks with regards to patient diagnostic issues and operational workflow safety and the implementation of adequate technical solutions
- Ensuring the feasibility of your solutions through prototypical development is as much a part of your tasks as their documentation
- Together with your architecture colleagues, you will ensure architecture governance that is aligned with an agile working environment
- As a risk manager for safety concerns of MR software, you safeguard against corresponding risks throughout the entire development cycle and in sync with agile cadences and project milestones: from the identification and assessment of risks to the design and implementation of mitigation measures and monitoring during operation
- You will present architectural solutions to management and relevant stakeholders
- With your technological expertise and expert knowledge in safety, you coach colleagues from the development teams
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a master's degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline
- You are qualified with relevant, long-term project experience as a software developer. Additionally, you have several years’ experience as a software architect in an agile environment
- Ideally, you have successfully completed a certification program in software architecture
- You have ideally already gained experience in the technical assurance of patient and operational safety or comparable experience
- You have in-depth practical knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies, .NET, C# and C++ as well as the modeling of systems using UML
- Ideally experience with Continuous Delivery rounds up your technical expertise
Your attributes and skills:
- You have a very good level of German and English to communicate efficiently with your stakeholders
- Personally, you convince through initiative, communication skills and creativity with a simultaneously high demand for quality
- Methodical approach, ability to work in a team and self-initiative complete your profile
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time