- Support the programme delivery team to understand the deliverability of all ECDP schemes, including access requirements, staging of works and the extent & location of system proving needed on each scheme before the projects are initiated with the delivery offices.
- Develop ECDP testing strategy that combines the required testing from Infrastructure (Application Engineering, Application Readiness and R&D) and the System of Systems to ensure consistency of testing approaches on all ECDP projects.
- Define TIC responsibilities in relation to Validation of the system.
- Produce suitable testing metrics to support accurate reporting
- Define the resourcing levels of all ECDP projects to support the regional Lead Testing Management teams.
- Assist in defining the competency road map (including training gaps) in conjunction with the Lead Testing Management teams
- Liaise with NR T&C Engineering community on a regular basis
- Ensure that the on site and off site test equipment needs are understood for each scheme to allow for the regional offices to procure equipment in advance of the works.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of testing works in relation to timeline and budget and effect remedial action when required.
- Work with the Head of Engineering to achieve efficiencies in test engineering while promoting engineering excellence, by promoting consistent test practices and the adoption of new processes, tools and methods of working.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Champions, sponsors and participates in continuous improvement via proactive CI initiatives
- Consistent implementation of company engineering standards and processes as determined by the Managing Director and Chief Engineer.
- Measurement of test engineering performance against metrics agreed with Delivery Director.
- Conduct regular performance appraisal of staff and manage their performance
- Act as mentor to the engineering community and promote personal development.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Manage Staff Competence, including IRSE licences and Authorities to Work
- Significant Experience of new works testing.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Engineering Manager (Test) IRSE licence or equivalent
- Experience of managing large multidisciplinary teams
- Established Professional status within the signalling industry; will have significant experience of engineering implementation on large signalling schemes in the UK, Experience of overseas engineering delivery and metro signalling an advantage.
- Commercially aware – able to forecast and manage resource utilisation and costs.
- Safety culture aware – to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice.
- Supportive of a consistent companywide approach to continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership qualities including personal drive, persuasive communication skills, enthusiasm and support for company goals.
- A broad base of test engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies covering the full testing lifecycle, together with the requisite personal characteristics, to take responsibility for facilitating the testing and commissioning of projects.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business – and in front of new and existing customers – both internal and external.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in an environment where calculated risk taking is necessary.
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company.
- IRSE licence assessor
- Competent to sign off test plans
- Competent to sign off Certificates of Competence for relevant clients
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time