Siemens Mobility Limited have a fantastic opportunity for an Installation Manager to lead our Station Information and Security Systems (SISS) Construction team within the Rail Infrastructure CIS business. This role will involve Ffexible working and travel between multiple sites. However, being located near enough to have regular assess to our Ashby De-La-Zouch or Swanley offices would be advantageous.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems to move people and goods efficiently - complete Mobility!
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
The Installation manager will represent Siemens, CIS, SISS, Construction within an allocated portfolio of projects. Proactively deliver projects from the early development of delivery strategies and pricing through the various phases of design and construction onto handback. Aid the construction team in its development of its systems and processes ensuring continuous improvement.
This position provides installation engineering team leadership to ensure projects are delivered to the required quality and safety standards, company procedures, project timescales and agreed costs. Governance is of paramount importance, so ensuring installation works are compliant with international and market standards, company guidelines, procedures and that solutions and tools are deployed consistently across the project portfolio as required.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Support SISS tender activities by devising robust, effective, and efficient methodology. In addition, review resource allocations and ensure risks are identified and mitigated via the inclusion of activities or suitable assumptions.
- Represent Construction in the relative PM stage gate review meetings and ensure Construction Management are aware of the status of all projects.
- Working with your Site Management team, ensure all projects have a mature deliverable implementation strategy communicated to the relevant project staff. These strategies should be compliant with Siemens RI, CIS and Construction Teams processes and plans as held within the company’s Business Management System.
- Prior to the commencement of construction activities, ensure the presence and adherence to project specific plans and processes mandated by legislation as well as Siemens process and policy. This should include but not be limited to Construction Phase Plans, Work Package Plans, Environmental, Waste and Quality plans as held within the relevant project files. Ensure the briefing of applicable documentation and the presence of a record of such briefings.
- In conjunction with Construction Management ensure that the projects within your portfolio have suitably experienced CRE cover, this may include a level of delegated authority. Ensure a suitable level of monitoring of these duties is carried out in line with the responsibilities.
- Undertake or delegate the duties to ensure the construction team are represented in the relevant project specific meetings including projects start up, design review, handover and progress meetings.
- Service the manpower requirements of projects utilising the available internal and or TPW resource. Resource should be secured and allocated via the internal roster meeting and the Swanley team.
- Ensure regular and effective resource requirement communications are undertaken with other Installation Managers as well as with the Principle Testers. Maintain representation (in person or via delegation) at the weekly meeting.
- Ensure all resource deployed by Construction on CIS projects has undergone the relevant Principle Contractor, CIS, Construction and project inductions.
- In line with Constructions delivery strategy, ensure all deployments (Permanent and TPW) are accompanied via a current project specific Authority to Work form and Role Description.
- Via the deployment of suitably skilled and experienced safety critical resource ensure all works including those carried out On or Near the Line are completed in accordance with the relevant Network Rail processes.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of work progress, change control, material usage etc. An up to date status of all projects should be accessible to other disciplines in order to support any future variation claims.
- Utilising the available approved procurement processes ensure Site Management support the construction related demands of the projects maintaining accurate records of all expenditure.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Extensive communications biased multi-disciplined experience in the rail industry, including the knowledge and application of applicable national and international industry standards, line standards and developing processes and procedures appropriate to the rail industry
- Extensive experience as a telecommunication or SISS construction CRE
- A natural leader of behavioural safety with demonstrable evidence of successes with experience of applying national and industry legislative requirements, including but not limited to CDM 2015, HASAWA 1974 and applicable sub legislature
- Significant experience of managing the subcontract and supply chain of resources and materials
- Experience and knowledge of personnel performance management processes
- Operating according to ISO 9001 experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and investigating is desirable, but training can be made available to the right candidate
- Industry recognised higher learning qualifications are beneficial
- Nationally recognised Leadership and management qualifications pursuant to Level 5 difficulty is desirable but training may be on offer.
- Excellent IT, interpersonal, presentation, communication, organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Full Driving licence
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time