Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Reference #: 317617
Job Location: Wilsonville, OR
Mentor Graphics is now Siemens EDA!
We at Siemens EDA develop advanced software tools that are used in the design, verification, and testing of extremely large and complex integrated circuits. Consequently, we are looking for a highly motivated and capable engineer to join the R&D team developing Design-for-Test (DFT) tools as part of the industry-leading Tessent product line.
The candidate will contribute to the product’s software development in two general areas.
- : Software development of features that are foundational to all products, such as manipulation of the hierarchical design data model, design rule checking infrastructure, serialization of data models, etc.
- : Software development of features specific to the logic test products.
The software development is mostly in C++, with some use of scripting languages such as Tcl.
Knowledge of Verilog is also needed for work related to the hierarchical data model, and for creation of tests.
Development will be done on a Linux platform, mostly in C++. Developing features includes design, writing specifications, planning, implementation, and thorough testing. High productivity, fast learning, solid problem-solving skills, and the ability to implement high-quality and maintainable software are key.
Equally crucial for success are strong teamwork and communication skills, self-drive, and a positive can-do attitude. This role will involve close interaction with several product teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Knowledge/skills, education, and experiences required to be considered for this position.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer/Electrical Engineering, or other related field. If candidate holds a PhD, it should be in the area of Design-For-Test (DFT).
- Demonstrated interest and experience in C++ software development.
- Understanding of software architecture best practices and object-oriented programming.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- At least basic knowledge of digital logic design.
- Attention to details and high-quality work.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Knowledge/skills, education, and experiences preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
- Work experience in C++ development, on Linux.
- Scripting languages, esp. Tcl
- Hardware description languages: Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL.
- Background in DFT is a strong plus.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.