The individual will be responsible for the qualification of an expansion of product deployment to support technologies like containers and cloud computing. The individual will be responsible for qualifying the Design to Silicon product line’s integration into container and Kubernetes infrastructure. The individual will partner with internal test infrastructure teams, Quality Assurance teams, and the software application development teams to ensure an integrated and scalable test infrastructure is developed and deployed. Collaboration, communication, innovation, and technical contributions will be critical requirements for individual success.
- Responsible for the qualification of new application deployment within Containers, including Kubernetes orchestration
- Ongoing qualification of customized operators to support container deployment
- Creation/Owner of a supporting regression suite
- Own/Support custom scripts/infrastructure to allow Quality Assurance teams to run tests in the Kubernetes environment
- Partner with Build and Integration Group to support Quality Assurance infrastructure needs in the adoption of container support within the existing testing framework
- Develop testing models to automate/streamline validation testing to qualify application deployment within containers
***Must have experience and proficiency in container/Kubernetes technology***
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux operating system environments required.
- Good working knowledge and experience with IC physical design, layout, verification tools, and IC manufacturing process flows.
- Knowledge of shell scripting and interpreted software languages (preferred Python) are required skills to be effective in this job.
- Working knowledge and experience with Docker/Podman.
- Familiar with the process of building a container image
- Working knowledge and experience with Kubernetes.
- The candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills, be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Able to thrive and improve in a multifaceted multi-site fast-paced development environment.
- Knowledge of software quality assurance processes and experience with maintaining regression test suites is highly desirable.
- Experience working with large-scale parallel processing software inside the Kubernetes cluster is very nice.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.