The Project Procurement Team is responsible for all sourcing processes and procuring resources to meet project targets concerning budget, availability, quality, 3rd party materials & services needed to win and implement our projects. Here, you will be proactive to ensure that our projects run on time and within budget.
In this role, you will lead the Procurement efforts for large critical infrastructure projects, working on innovative solutions. You will collaborate with colleagues in Sales, Engineering, Operations, Finance, & Management, both locally & globally.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Integrate Procurement in the project management process (PM@Siemens) and organize, control, and monitor all project procurement activities.
- Review and monitor the sales pipeline. Meet with cross-functional partners and participate in project/sales meetings to provide procurement market information at an early stage, optimizing supplier selection.
- Participate in project/sales meetings as a project core team member to exert a shaping influence early. Analyzes customer inquiries during bid preparation/opportunity management phases and understands the customer's functional needs to include (supplier) innovations.
- Establish accurate sourcing processes, control all procurement resources and activities in the project or area of responsibility, and advise all involved to deliver optimum impact for the business (procurement plan, target-costing) and procurement targets to meet budget requirements, and quality.
- Analyze project scope of supply, contractual obligations, and end customer's functional needs. Identify risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims, and market forces during the entire project and Commodity Management to avoid possible damage and exploit savings potential.
- Derive procurement strategies for assigned projects per division and business-wide strategy. Ensure implementation and identify improvement opportunities to align with the procurement targets and business strategies.
- Lead contractual and price negotiations and support the buyers responsible for material fields to secure project targets with optimum conditions, e.g., Total Cost of Ownership.
- Ensure that mitigation of procurement risks, changes to the original scope of supply, and potential claims are covered invalid contracts with suppliers. Ensure that required customer contractual obligations are fulfilled by the supplier and covered in a way that mitigates our risk exposure.
- Clarify internal indicators for project control and compile all relevant information to submit qualified reports. Proactively ensure resource availability, status, transparency, and alerting of deviations.
- Establish/apply preferred supplier list, provide supplier information to the project team, conduct supplier qualifications and project-specific supplier evaluations (project evaluations), and supplier development activities.
- Identify and develop new Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) vendors to support project requirements.
- Four-year degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics, or Engineering
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with both internal and external partners
- Microsoft Suite digital literacy required.
- Experience in project scheduling
- SAP computer skills required.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.