Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Mission of function
The System Integration Manager (SIM) is responsible for delivery of the overall functionality of the entire turnkey system. He / she leads the overall system integration and engineering process according to customer specifications, company standards, relevant rules, and guidelines and within the defined requirements (e.g., time, quality, cost).
What will you do?
- Directs and supervises engineering processes between different railway systems – also driverless systems - in customer projects
- Manages interfaces between customers, partners and sub suppliers or subsystems and guides members of all involved engineering teams and acts as single point of entry for all technical questions external and internal
- Evaluation of subsystem technologies and contractual compliances of technical requirements
- Reviews engineering designs and coordinates lines of action
- Interprets requirements from, cooperates with and reports to clients and stakeholders
- Assumes leading role in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers, and Siemens internal groups
- Coordinates planning and testing of on-site activities such as commissioning and operation
- Technical support of the manufacturing and commissioning engineers regarding analysis of technical solutions and answering of technical inquiries
- Responsible for the project budget allocated to system engineering
What will you need to succeed?
- University degree in technical engineering, preferably in traffic planning, traffic engineering or electrical engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
- Professional Engineering Designation “ P.Eng. “ in Canada.
- Extensive professional experience and evaluation expertise in railway transportation systems
- Experience in rail guided transport operation e.g., driverless systems is desirable
- Several years of work experience as team member in international projects (at least two international railway project executions)
- Profound experience in technical engineering and interface management as well as professional experience in requirements management including verification and validation, RAM, Safety, operational aspects (specifically UTO/GOA4) EMC, earthing and bonding, test, and commissioning etc.
- Technical knowledge on all major subsystems of a railway turnkey project, e.g., Signaling, Railway Communication, Electrification, Power Supply, Rolling Stock, SCADA, Track Work etc.
- Experience in reading and understanding of contractual technical requirements
- Knowledge of project management principles for project realization and execution
- Sound knowledge of engineering processes and standards (Local & Global) associated with this Engineering Application, e.g., AREMA; IEEE / ANSI; CSA; DIN EN 50126, 50128 and 50129.
- Sound knowledge and experience in contract and claim management
- Exceptional Technical team leadership experience
- Fluent English is essential, knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Independent and structured approach to work.
- Excellent communication abilities combined with strong interpersonal skills (e.g., team development, negotiation, and conflict management)
- High level of customer, quality, and result orientation
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.