Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
As a Project Manager, you will perform project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity, and resource management activities). You will also supervise, direct, and empower the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects.
In addition, you will ensure customer satisfaction during and at the final project completion. Travel to customer sites is required (10-20% supporting projects in Canada/US). This role will involve extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, procurement, manufacturing, and other members of cross-functional teams.
What will you do?
- Analyze plans, contract specifications, and requirements to determine project requirements. Follow up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of project scope.
- Lead the development of project plans in advance of project activity to assure effective execution by the Project Team and monitor progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Support preparation and execution of engineering schedules. Use financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Prepare or coordinates the preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer, and authorize payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Lead in Project reviews, acceptance testing and handles the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings, system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
- Participate in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of the sales estimate and project requirements.
What will you need to succeed?
- Electrical, Computer Engineering or Business Degree preferred
- Previous project management experience (5 + years), including management/oversight of project profit and loss and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with customers and leading customer interactions.
- Experience in the railroad or large construction industry.
- Familiarity with industry-related computer software and hardware.
- Signals and Communications Project Management experience preferred
- Claim Settlement experience desired
- Knowledge, experience leading a engineering/software development team
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.