We’ve got ideas to improve the way people travel. Can you help us bring them to life? Join us as an Outstation Engineer and help improve our Thameslink service.
We are providing both rolling stock and signalling solutions with brand new state-of-the-art Desiro City trains encompassing advanced systems both on and off train; as a result of this we have created two brand new depots to maintain the new fleet of trains in Crawley and North London. We have a team of Outstation Maintenance Engineers, responsible for ensuring maintenance requirements are supported at various locations up to Bedford, Kent, through central London and great Northern routes to Cambridge and Peterborough.
As an Outstation Technician, you will have electrical and mechanical background and experience of fault diagnosis. Previous rail experience is greatly preferred, however we will still provide you with full training. You will work out of the many remote outstation locations, across the sussex and Kent areas, but your base location will be in either Three Bridges, Crawley.
This is a shift based role where the working pattern consists of permanent days/nights.
We will also require you to complete some mandatory online testing for this role as part of the interview process.
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
- Undertake maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan
- Carry out download diagnosis and fault finding to an advanced level
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise
- Assist with the provision of technical support at incidents off depot
- Provide first line support at stations and mainline incidents.
- Someone with a relevant experience within a predominately electrical engineering environment - Essential
- Someone with fault finding experience - Desirable
- Someone with experience in documenting actions and operations accurately and to procedures - Essential
- Someone with good knowledge and understanding for cares of tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate - Essential
- Someone with knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) - Desirable
- Someone who can easily use a laptop for diagnostic, faultfinding and rectification purposes and who can produce detailed complex, analytical technical reports - Essential
- Someone who understands and interprets relevant technical publications - Desirable
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time