At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
The Tessent division seeks a highly motivated, creative, and energetic individual as Product Engineer, specializing in logic test. Tessent is the market and technology leader of automated tools for insertion of semiconductor design-for-test (DFT) structures, automatic test pattern generation (ATPG), embedded deterministic compression (EDT), diagnosis-driven yield analysis (DDYA), and hierarchical SoC DFT solutions such as Streaming Scan Network (SSN). This position presents a great opportunity to stay involved technically while getting exposure to marketing and interacting with sales. This role will focus on our logic test products, including the market-leading Tessent TestKompress and Tessent ScanPro products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define and characterize new product capabilities needed to meet customer requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Tessent engineering to prototype, evaluate, and test new DFT products and features in context of complex IC design flows.
- Lead beta programs and support beta partners.
- Drive product adoption.
- Create and deliver in-depth technical presentations, develop training material, white papers, contributed articles, and application notes.
- Work with customers as well as Siemens EDA stakeholders such as regional application engineers, global support engineers, and marketing.
- Work through complex technical issues and independently create solutions and new methodologies.
- Explain complex principles in simple terms to broad audiences.
- Some travel, domestic and international.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required.
- Must have 5-8 years of experience, including 2+ years of experience in DFT for complex ASICs / SOCs, including some of the following areas: Automatic test pattern generation (ATPG), internal scan, embedded compression (EDT), logic built-in self-test (LBIST), IEEE 1687 IJTAG, hierarchical DFT implementation.
to one or more adjacent IC disciplines such as the following a plus:
- RTL coding and verification using Verilog/System Verilog/VHDL.
- Synthesis and timing analysis.
- Timing constraints
- Place and route.
- Failure diagnosis.
- ATE use / test program development.
- IEEE 1838 3D-IC Test Access
- Proficiency in a scripting language like TCL.
- Experience with Tessent SSN, TestKompress, Tessent ScanPro, Tessent LogicBIST, and/or practical use of IJTAG is a plus.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Knowledge of IC design trends and emerging requirements.
- Proficiency in LINUX and Windows environments.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.