At Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) we’re driving the energy transition. In the Grid Control segment, we’re mainly working on equipping control centers with a software bundle called Spectrum Power™.
With a career in Siemens Grid Control, you contribute to shape the future of tomorrow by helping the energy industry to become sustainable. If you’re looking to work side by side the brightest minds in the industry, let’s talk!
We are looking for an Engineer to join our team for energy market applications. The position will allow the successful candidate to bring (electrical) engineering knowhow together with software skills and work in a field with enormous impact on the future.
Your new role
• Working on customer projects mainly in the Grid Control Hub for Europe
• Responsible for engineering a subsystem of Spectrum Power™ in customer projects incl. requirement discussions with engineers from the customer side, implementation, testing, bug fixing, and project specific customizations
• Responsible for the development of project specific enhancement which reach from small customizations to completely new features
• In the future: possible development to project manager or technical expert
• Technical education preferably in power engineering.
• Interest in one or more of the following topics:
o load flow calculation & state estimation
o energy markets & portfolio optimization, incl. renewable energy sources
o mixed-integer linear programming (MILP)
o closed-loop regulation of electrical power generation
• Analytical mind: Deciphering complex problems both in communication with customers on a technical level and in the engineering part of projects
• Interest in software engineering and programming
• Team player with good communication skills incl. intercultural communication
• Advanced English language
• Willingness to travel 5-10% of the time
From 1 700 € brutto /month + variable
We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. This salary is for junior candidate. We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions. Our goal is to pay our employee's fairly, with regard to the market situation and we are ready to welcome high-quality candidates in our team.
Work-life balance - flexible working hours and hybrid working model
Free parking at secured parking house
Brigde days (generally 5 days /year), Sick days (3 days /year), additional paid leave
Sick leave compensation (up to 100% of salary, generally 20 days/year)
Cafeteria system – BenefitPlus generally 300 points/€
Financial benefits –refferal bonus (up to 2 000€), meal contributions, childbirth bonus of 200€, contribution for attending a preschool facility in the amount of 200€ (within Cafeteria system - BenefitPlus), payment of entry fee of representative sports activities
Contribution to 3rd pillar pension - progressive with length of employment (up to 3%)
Share Matching program - after the employment trial period - opportunity to invest in the purchase of Siemens shares
Wellbeing program, Health Day , team-building program
Work anniversary present and life anniversary contribution
Valuable gift on the occasion of retirement
Employee loans - for employees with an employment relationship of more than 3 years
2 SIM cards with discounted employee flat rate aslo for family members
Work in a socially responsible company with the opportunity to participate in charitable projects
We will support you! (Trainings, certificates, development internally and externally with individual approach based on your needs and request)
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens s.r.o.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time