Managed Services Technician
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Join the Managed Services Team and support a Green Future by helping us reduce our clients’ Energy Usage and Costs! As a technician, you will be responsible for responding to Service Requests from our customers, troubleshooting issues with Siemen equipment with site staff and on-site technicians, and updating corporate contacts with ETAs, recommendations, and work request statuses . Typical work hours are between 7AM and 7PM, and will be hybrid remote/office, with approximately 2-3 days per week expected in office once training is complete. You will be working with a small team of four to impact energy savings across a portfolio of currently five corporate customers based throughout the continental US. This individual will report to the Managed Services Team Lead and will have no direct reports.
- Overall responsibility – troubleshoot issues remotely and provide updates to customers.
- Update clients via Service Channel and Zendesk
- Troubleshoot remotely with site staff and technicians on site via phone.
- Email instructional videos on troubleshooting steps to site staff.
- Submit dispatch and parts requests via our internal system and SAP as needed.
- Provide back up support for daily morning duties of the Managed Services Team Lead as necessary by running reports and introducing necessary proactive work tickets into the queue.
- Working with the RCS Engineering team on escalated issues to determine root cause and resolution.
- Update documentation on technical wiki for EST and MST reference as needed.
- Provide holiday coverage as needed (maximum 4 holidays required – traditionally done on volunteer basis for overtime pay)
- Correspond with CSM for clients to address high visibility issues.
- Meet SLA requirements for responding to Service Channel tickets.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required
- 2 years of experience in Technical Support, including troubleshooting over phone and email
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office 365
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- BS/BA or technical degree in a related field
- Experience with Linux or Mac command line.
- Able to read an Electrical Line Diagram.
- Knowledge of HVAC and lighting control technologies
- Familiar with Zendesk and Service Channel CRMs
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.