At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Are you holding out for a new software development job that works on actual software products, not just business processes? We are currently looking for a highly motivated Advanced to Senior Software Engineer to join our Business Application Services team. You will team up with other full stack developers to provide tools that enable license and delivery of Siemens Digital Industries products. You will work on everything, from performance optimization, architecture, software design/engineering, testing, and building web interfaces all the way up to tuning and deploying services in cloud environment. You will be involved in a full development life cycle from planning session, design/architecture meeting, code review, development and maintenance. You will help build and operate the cloud infrastructure supporting Desktop and SaaS product offerings from Siemens using the latest cutting-edge technologies. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a lively team that provides a flexible and friendly startup-like working environment.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities and time frames
- Participate in the development process including, but not limited, architecture/design review, code review and test case review
- Collaborate with managers, product architects, owners and key team members to understand customer requirements
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment to build new features in a rapid, iterative way
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules and activities, contributing to team meetings, and solving development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Write clean, testable code.
- Support Client by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years in Java programming and experience with Spring framework
- Minimum of 1 years developing on an DBMS such as PostgreSQL
- Strong communication skills to work with leadership, commercial teams and customers
- Personable, approachable, and readily accepting of change; able to work cohesively with a variety of talented individuals within the organization
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies is required
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) experience.
- Experience in Python is a plus
- Experience in PostgreSQL and Redis
- Understand and use Microservice architecture, including Containerization, Docker and Container Orchestration Frameworks like Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Able to solve complex technical problems
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and take on different assignments
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of current CAD/CAM and PLM software solutions from Siemens Digital Industry Software
The salary range for this position is $95,800 to $172,400 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.