Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in a collaborative environment. As global entrepreneurs and an independent company of Siemens AG for more than 160 years, we are moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last. We know that what brings us together is a unique culture, our passion for mobility, and a culture of excellence and trust. We shape the future of mobility and move beyond!
If you're interested to work as a Project Engineering Manager, based in Auckland, NZ, we'll offer you the support to make it happen!
This is your role. What part will you play?
In this role, you will provide project engineering team leadership to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. This will be achieved through a high coordination and collaboration of all engineering disciplines within projects. In this position, you will:
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You have 8+ years of proven project engineering experience in rail projects.
- You have tertiary education in Engineering or other relevant disciplines.
- We’d love to see your experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering.
- You are self-motivated person with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive, and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We support a diverse workforce.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #SI-LI
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time