Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for Senior Signaling System Engineer to Join Siemens Mobility Project Team in Cairo office. This is an excellent career opportunity for professionals from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Overview / Mission of function
- Drive the System signaling activities as to ensure that technical solutions to be applied within the projects are fit for purpose functionally and operationally
- Responsibility for determination and updating the system architecture and concept lies with the Senior System Engineer throughout the entire project duration
- Analysis of user requirements with respect to non-existent, unclear / contradictory, or unreasonable requirements, compilation of any assumptions as a substitute for non-existent requirements, and initiation of a speedy, binding clarification of such requirements with the customer
- Consultation with the project manager on system and architecture issues and development of suggestions for a technically and commercially efficient system concept
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Manages organization unit assigned, and leads, motivates, and develops dedicated employees.
- Implements guidelines and defines functional specific policies, processes, or methods to fulfill the Engineering strategy.
- Co-ordinate with key project stakeholder and get aligned to deliver the project within stipulated budget and time.
- Evaluate the customer requirements and prepare System Requirements Specification (SRS)
- Regarding the system architecture and the system concept, the Senior System Engineer ensures communication and acts as an interface between the project, the subsystems and the technical project leader.
- Collaborate with HQ segments for integration activities.
- Collaborate with software acceptance test with costumer (FAT).
- Collaborate with test and commissioning activities (SAT2).
- Plans and allocates resources and budgets to Engineering projects or activities.
- Drives the development of technical standards and procedures for System Engineering.
- Ensures obeying regional laws and regulations.
- Ensures a proficient and capable workforce to conduct the Engineering activities in time and quality
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Telecommunications, Automation, Computer Science, or similar.
- Technical knowledge on main subsystems of a railway project, especially Interlocking subsystem.
- Experience in reading and understanding technical requirements
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering lifecycle.
- Good understanding/knowledge about railway principle and standard is a must
- Key leadership skills demanded by the role and similar experience at least for a period >5 years.
- Knowledge of engineering processes
- Communication skills
- Proficient English language required.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time