Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for an Agile Project Manager Scada & Control Systems to manage the full lifecycle of projects, both nationally and internationally, for our Digital Grid Software business. Our team focusses on accelerating and securing the energy transition for our customers through a comprehensive portfolio (e.g., Grid Simulation, Grid Control; Metering Data Management; Grid Edge and Power Technologies International consulting portfolio). Your scope will be Belgium/Netherlands/France and African countries. Traveling is required in this role (approx. 5 to 10 times per year).
We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
Find out more on our products/portfolio: Siemens GSW
In this role, you will be responsible for the life cycle management of our Grid Software projects with an Agile approach. You will be both steering and shaping our project teams from design phase up until execution, acting as a technical specialist towards our customers and internal colleagues and ensuring the correct monitoring of our projects.
This entails the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring the development of projects for Utility/Energy customers. These projects are mainly aimed at creating control and supervision systems (SCADA) intended for the management of high and medium voltage electrical networks.
- Ensuring end-responsibility for our large-scale projects in terms of costs, deadlines, and quality.
- Setting up the Agile mode of project execution. You will be both applying this project mode in our project execution teams and accompanying technical project and project management teams in the transition towards Agile Project Management.
- Translating customer’s needs to project realizations with a major focus on IT requirements.
- Assembling a project team, tailored on the needs of the project and the customer’s needs.
- Managing the project lifecycle. In the presales phase, you will assist to the definition of the project costs and elaborate on the project specifications with your customer(s). In the project delivery phase, you are, along with your team accountable for the qualitative execution of the engineering; concept and design; functional analysis; software development; hardware configuration; testing; follow-up of installation; and commissioning. You will maintain close contact with the technical teams as well as with the customer to intervene timely on timelines, costs, resources and identify problems and issues if needed.
Do you want to be part of our team?
- You have a Master’s degree in Electrical, Electromechanical or Computer Science engineering.
- You are experienced in Agile Project Management and in implementing an Agile methodology.
- You are proficient with SCADA.
- Previous working experience in an IT/software environment is mandatory.
- Interest/knowledge in databases, their management and interfaces with various IT applications is an asset.
- Knowledge of electrical transmission and distribution is an asset.
- You are flexible and curious for trips abroad.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. French is an asset and willingness to improve this knowledge is mandatory as most of our clients in Africa are French speakers.
What will Siemens offer you?
Firstly, you will be extensively trained on the product and its features. At Siemens you get the opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment. We offer varied work in a wide range of positions and intensive internal training to further develop your career. Permanent coaching and guidance by a mentor are also part of the process.
This function is eligible for the Teleworking CAO policy, allowing employees to be working remotely on a part time basis. At Siemens, we focus on work-life balance through open communication in the workplace where we consider each employee's individual needs and values to the greatest possible extent. We try to provide flexible work settings to offer our employees the opportunity to balance work and private life.
Agoria's "Be The Change charter" and the subsequent label "Employer ready for the future of work" calls on companies to adapt their personnel policy to the labor market of tomorrow.
Just before the end of 2020, Siemens Belux was the first in Belgium to receive the label 'Employer ready for the future of work' from technology federation Agoria.
Do you feel like taking on this adventure? Then apply now!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A./N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time