Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Software Engineer Scada & Control Systems to implement the technical/IT part in the design, implementation, engineering, and commissioning for our Digital Grid Software projects, both nationally and internationally. Our team focuses on accelerating and securing the energy transition for our customers through a comprehensive portfolio (e.g., Grid Simulation, Grid Control; Metering Data Management; Grid Edge and Power Technologies International consulting portfolio). Your scope will be Belgium/Netherlands/France and African countries. Traveling is required in this role (approx. 5 times per year).
We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
Find out more on our products/portfolio: Siemens GSW
In this role, you will be responsible for the design, engineering, and technical IT support of our Grid Software projects.
This entails the following responsibilities:
- Technical expert for different IT products, such as SCADA system with advanced electrical functions, local command and control systems, telecommunication systems, specialized IT applications.
- Ensuring the technical development of projects for Utility/Energy customers. These projects are mainly aimed at creating control and supervision systems (SCADA) intended for the management of high and medium voltage electrical networks.
- Participating in the design of control systems for electrical transmission and distribution, with a major focus on the IT requirements for these applications. You will actively participate in the analysis of IT requirements related to the Siemens Spectrum Power platform and the needs of your customers, to define the appropriate technical solution.
- Translating customer’s needs to project realizations with a major focus on IT requirements.
- Engineering of the project: concept and design; functional analysis; software development; hardware configuration; testing; follow-up of installation; and commissioning.
- Carrying out installation / commissioning, fault analysis and repairs including investigation of persistent problems.
- Performing troubleshooting/repair, maintenance, modifications, and calibration.
- Carrying out tests in the factory or on site.
- Providing users with technical training.
Do you want to be part of our team?
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or (Applied) IT.
- Previous working experience in an IT environment is mandatory.
- Interest/knowledge in databases, their management and interfaces with various IT applications is an asset.
- You are proficient with operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris).
- Professional experience in the execution of Energy Management projects (protection relays, RTU, control-command electrical substations) is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience on various interfacing protocols such as Ethernet TCP/IP, ModBus, protocols IEC-60870-10x, protocol IEC 61850 is an asset.
- Knowledge of electrical transmission and distribution is an asset.
- You are flexible and curious about trips abroad.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. French is an asset and willingness to improve this knowledge is mandatory as most of our clients in Africa are French speakers.
What will Siemens offer you?
Firstly, you will be extensively trained on the product and its features. At Siemens you get the opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment. We offer varied work in a wide range of positions and intensive internal training to further develop your career. Permanent coaching and guidance by a mentor are also part of the process.
This function is eligible for the Teleworking CAO policy, allowing employees to be working remotely on a part time basis. At Siemens, we focus on work-life balance through open communication in the workplace where we consider each employee's individual needs and values to the greatest possible extent. We try to provide flexible work settings to offer our employees the opportunity to balance work and private life.
Agoria's "Be The Change charter" and the subsequent label "Employer ready for the future of work" calls on companies to adapt their personnel policy to the labor market of tomorrow.
Just before the end of 2020, Siemens Belux was the first in Belgium to receive the label 'Employer ready for the future of work' from technology federation Agoria.
Do you want to take on this adventure? Then apply now!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A./N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time