Migration Technical Architect
Do you want to “build a better tomorrow” by changing the world through cloud digitalization with an outstanding software company?
Siemens, one of the worlds most recognized brands, and the fast-growing Digital Industry software division is actively recruiting Technical Architects for our Migration Practice. This team moves critical digital data enabling meaningful solutions and bold innovations with impact on our customers, partners, societies at large, and our planet.
As a Siemens Technical Architect, you will architect, lead and drive migration projects while building positive relationships with project and customer teams helping them realize their industry vision of digital twins. This position requires excellent skills in interpersonal communications, process improvement, as well as configuration of software.
As part of the Professional Services team, you will work with Consultants, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Industry Experts and Product Development teams to ensure success.
- Leverage Siemens industry standard methodologies, templates, and tools for moving legacy data.
- Migrating data to pre-architected cloud solutions to address the customers’ business requirements.
- Responsible for the consulting and technical expertise in data extraction, translation, and loading (ETL), into Teamcenter.
- Deliver on project activities to maintain scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Communicate project processes and progress by interacting with the project team/project management to support customer needs and support customer adoption.
Who we are looking for...
- Good communication skills at different levels throughout an organization.
- Strong customer and support skills and must be a self-starter.
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 25%.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or equivalent technical field experience.
- Minimum two years of experience implementing or supporting Siemens Teamcenter Product Lifecycle Management software or other PDM/PLM systems such as Enovia, Windchill, Aras, PDM Professional.
- Minimum one year of experience with legacy data migration, ETL tools or SQL, mapping, data validation.
- Experience in SQL required.
- Experience with C++, Visual Basic .NET, and XML or the ability to easily pick up and understand object-oriented programming languages.
- Scripting knowledge in Windows, Perl, Python, or Linux.
- Familiarity with Teamcenter site consolidations or classic multisite helpful.
- CAD data migration, and Cloud experience is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.