Siemens Large Drives Applications business unit is looking for an Order Manager to implement Order Management standards, procedures and processes for our Norwood, Ohio factory.
In this role you will collaborate with key partners while ensuring e2e alignment from order entry through customer delivery. Provides analysis to drive improvements in service level, budgeting, cost, inventory, quality, and safety. Identify and appropriately raises opportunities and constraints to ensure transparency throughout the organization.
- Coordinates overall planning of orders/projects and decides on allocation of resources. Ensures effective partnership/communication with external parties and involved internal management
- Maintains constant communication to customers, outside contractors or other partners.
- Supervises continuously the status of all assigned projects, orders, and supports the accountable Project/Order Managers.
- Leads consolidation and completion of budget planning for all projects/sales orders, and ensures related reporting.
- Decides and allocates resources, to the assigned projects.
- Sets up and supervises all assigned projects, and consults and supports the accountable Project/Order Managers.
- Ensures that quality standards for Project/Order Management processes (Plan, Deliver, Return) are met at all times and adhere to Siemens reference processes
- Initiate improvements and ensures appropriate PM workflow environment.
- Oversees and leads a dedicated team of Project/Order Managers and/or Project/Order Management Office staff. Ensures implementation of defined Order Management policies and guidelines, and decides adoption of processes if vital (orders = sales orders, production orders, purchase orders, transport orders, change orders)
- Sets targets and plans and decides on budgets and allocation of resources.
- Initiates and implements process improvements across assigned areas - develops, maintains, and improves systems to measure order operations performance and effectiveness of all planning operations.
- Oversees order status, and planning and forecasts for logistics, and/or production and deliveries, and the adherence to respective time schedules. – Supports S&OP process
- Synchronization both upstream and downstream along supply/value chain
- Decides and resolves critical schedules for orders in the value chain.
- Supervises projects to improve performance of order management.
- Responds to critical inquiries, as an escalation point of contact.
Typically, more than 5 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Electrical engineering background and ANEMA motor knowledge (MTO+E), including large electric motor manufacturing/test expertise
- Market/customer knowledge, proven understanding of motor/drive applications
- Technical university/college degree in related field and demonstrated ability in Engineering and/or Order/Project Management
- Proficient computer skills incl. programming (i.e. VBA, C+, HTML, low code), MS Office proficiency, product configuration, Norwood ENG/OM tools and quotation process knowhow
- Proven track record on digitalization projects
- 3-5 years’ experience in an engineering environment and 2 years in an Order management environment
- 3 years Managerial experience
- SAP experience – SD (preferably also MM, PP)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial focus (profit – cash – EVA)
- Project management certification (i.e. PMI, Siemens C or B project manager)
- API, IEC norm knowledge
- Knowledge of bill of materials (BOM), routing, order structures
- Experience in LDA Engineering/Order tools
- Norwood ECR/ECO process expertise
- Ability to read and understand drawing/documents/specification
- Successful completion of digitalization projects
At Siemens, our mission is to transform the every day. We strive to better understand the need of our customers and of society. We develop technology with impact to transform the world’s economies. We intelligently combine the digital and physical world to create a better tomorrow
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.