Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Senior User Interface Designer / Senior Visual Designer (f/m/d) for Shui®, our Healthineers Design System, and support us in qualitative and design improvements and further development.
Choose the best location for your work - within the scope of this position it is possible to work mobile (within Germany) up to an average volume of 60% of the respective working time in coordination with your manager.
Please upload your portfolio with the application.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Together with a highly committed team of outstanding designers and interaction designers, you will continuously drive the quality of our Shui® design system, maintain and expand the component library and develop sophisticated visual design concepts
- You will be responsible for the design of our exciting product range, which covers a wide range of touchpoints and addresses healthcare professionals and patients worldwide
- Working closely with the other UX disciplines User Research, Interaction Design, Industrial Design and with Development, you will use your expertise independently to design concepts which ensure an outstanding unified experience across our portfolio. You will experience the products and user groups first-hand by undertaking shadowing visits in clinics and practices, and through training on the devices
- You will take on professional leadership responsibility, inspire your colleagues, continuously optimize internal collaboration, proactively drive topics forward, and constantly push the boundaries of the design system anew in the process
- Join a major growing international team, with a strong emphasis on creative dialog, and on collaboration with one another as well as with other professionals. The teams work remotely or in the office, get together in the open-plan kitchen area, work in a makers' space, use the research lab or run workshops in the large Mind Space. We want to learn from each other and with each other, and enjoy putting our high standards for UX into practice together
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a successfully completed degree in the field of user interface design or a similar qualification
- You have many years of professional experience in an agency environment and/or in an in-house UX team with a significant portfolio which has a digital focus. Experience in the field of medical technology would be an advantage
- In addition to outstanding skills in visual design, you already have experience in the professional management of teams
- You are highly proficient in current graphics programs (Figma, Sketch, XD, Photoshop & Illustrator) and prototyping applications (e.g. Axure)
Your attributes and skills:
- You are business-fluent in English; German language skills would be an advantage
- You have an excellent design-oriented mindset and way of working, with a focus on users
- You are particularly passionate about working on creative concepts, set high quality standards for your work and are tenacious with strong attention to detail
- As a team player you encourage collaboration and dialog within and outside the central UX department at Siemens Healthineers
- You are able to motivate others, are proactive and results-oriented and have a good sense of humor
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time