This early-mid career level Electrical Engineering position with our Customer Service Group provides the opportunity to participate in the development of solutions for a variety of issues, including obsolescence, software optimization, and product improvement, to support our Rolling Stock customers through the life of their locomotive vehicles.
In conjunction with Product Management colleagues, you'll capture engineering project requirements, including modifications and upgrades, as a result of either specific inquiries or proactive product improvement opportunities.
Perform material specification, schematic preparation, and appropriate follow-up. Lead semi-complex design, development, testing, and modifications of solutions. Participates in preparing explanations and clarifies information to correctly interpret and evaluate specifications, performance characteristics, or other technical data. Participates in communicating technical and commercial issues. Participates in recommending new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.What your day-to-day will look like:
- In response to defined customer needs or promotion of product developments, we formalize engineering requirements through the production of Technical Concepts, supporting specifications, bills of materials, and validation plans where necessary.
- Develop software and software specifications for test equipment and systems
- Design and update rolling stock components and electrical system schematics for upgrades and product improvements.
- Provide engineering expertise during an Incident Repair Process, ensuring value for money, maintaining vehicle integrity, and customer satisfaction—developing generic repair instructions, processes, and work instructions as required.
- Monitor industry practices to identify applicable standards, processes, products, and materials that can improve engineering solutions for maintenance, incident repairs, and development activities.
- Support in the technical bid of maintenance and overhaul projects
- Provide system-level Maintenance Concepts, Depot Requirements, Special Tools specifications, and service requirements to the delivery project.
- PLC Programming is a plus
- Learning attitude
- BS in Electrical Engineering or advanced degree
- Schematic Creation / Editing
- LabView knowledge/experience
- One year of rail or other regulated industries (automotive, aerospace, etc.) experience
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.