Together we are driving Austria and Central Eastern Europe forward
We electrify, automate and digitalize:
Our employees make real what matters.
Who we are | Our culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings, and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
What does a Data Scientist do, you ask?
Security systems produce vast amounts of data that hold a wealth of information about a facility. However, in most buildings, this data goes unused. We seek an enthusiastic candidate to join a global team of data scientists and machine learning experts focused on making the most of this data. This will involve discussing the customer needs we need to address with domain experts, exploratory data analysis to provide insights and communication of the results with stakeholders. Finally, the analytics developed will be scaled up with the help of machine learning experts and development teams to be integrated into our portfolio of digital services.
We foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Work with building security experts defining new data focused offerings
- Complete complex analysis on building security data
- Utilize machine learning and statistics to provide deeper insights
- Work with data engineers and development teams to deploy models
- Ability to travel globally for this position
- Lives and promotes Siemens Values
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, postgraduate qualifications an advantage
- Strong data analysis experience, ideally in the context of building security systems
- Data visualization skills and ability to communicate the results
- Knowledge of python or other data focused languages (SQL, MATLAB, R, Julia)
- Foundational knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Domain expertise in operational technology or physical security systems would be an advantage
Join us! Together we can build a better future for our world.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
What else do I need to know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is at least EUR 47.000,- (full-time). An overpayment is possible depending on education and experience. Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits. Sozialleistungen und Benefits.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.