Senior Software Engineer - Project Manager
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Software Engineer Project Manager.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Project Management experience to work within our team. The role involves working on a wide range of projects related to instrument software, databases, data analytics and manufacturing data analysis solutions. You will be part of the Engineering team working on complex medical device instruments including immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The role requires a very experienced software developer who can manager projects and can solve problems, enhance designs, guide, and mentor engineers, is a team player and is multi-disciplined. The successful candidate will work on multiple software projects which can be related to instrument software, scripting, database queries, data analytics and final test software which takes instrument data and reports statistical information.
The Skill set we are looking for
- Excellent programming skills primarily in C, C#, C++ for instrumentation.
- Must be able to manage complex projects.
- Excellent database skills in developing queries and database setup (SQL)
- Other software skills that would be an advantage XAML, XAMARIN, Design patterns (MVVM), Scripting languages (Python, Lua, MS batch files), knowledge of assembly language, knowledge of source repositories.
- Must have leadership skills with the ability to drive projects, guide a team of Engineers, be a mentor and coach.
- Requirements Engineering experience with ability to translate customer needs and Design Input Requirements into detailed architecture and design specifications.
- Excellent computer hardware knowledge including micro controllers.
- Experience with design and implementation of real time systems, CAN Open or another CAN protocol.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, preferably SCRUM.
- Software skills to be able to integrate into a higher-level systems software and user interface.
- Knowledge of statistics, data analytics & machine learning would be an advantage.
- Ability to integrate software with different technologies (Fluidic sensing, electronics, motion control application and vision).
- Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured approach.
- Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
The personality we are looking for
- An excellent team player knows how to work in a team environment.
- Has leadership skills to mentor, coach and drive a team forward.
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required.
- Ability to work across multiple functions engineering, service, procurement, customer service etc. to develop requirements.
- Someone who shows initiative and is creative with a clear vision to what is needed.
- Displays original thinking in applying principles, theories and concepts on a wide range of problems.
- Utilises their knowledge and skill set to get the job done with pace.
- Can mentor and guide other engineers.
- Leads the successful completion of software projects from product inception to product launch in a technical leadership role.
Required for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree QQI level 8 in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic, Engineering) with 8 years software engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
- Very Strong software skill set to have the ability to understand what is needed and design & develop software solutions.
- Proven experience in the design and development of complex, high-quality, flexible software in a regulated environment.
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time