Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Ensures compliance with the requirements, regulations and procedures governing occupational environmental health and safety (EHS) and promotes and leads the Zero Harm Culture for the scope within his responsibility.
- Responsibility for results: Leadership role at the site in terms of deadlines, budget and quality parameters. Ensures the customer’s economic success and satisfaction. Assumes economic responsibility for the construction site. Represents the site (as a member of Project Management) in all decision-making committees.
- Costumer Management: Actively and attentively listens to the customer’s opinions and suggestions and cultivates/promotes/maintains a professional relationship to the customer. Understands and allows for the operating environment of the customer when making recommendations and decisions. Involves the customer in the decision-making process and advises him when he takes decisions. Provides support to the customer in terms of his targets / objectives and serves as a ‘sparring partner’ when dealing with the strategic importance of solutions and their practicability.
- General administration: Responsible for establishing the requisite site infrastructure and performing inventory control in line with company guidelines. Provides support in the generation of and is responsible for implementation the housing concept in effect at the site (if necessary camp administration) as well as the personnel transport concept. Responsible for issuing site procedures pertaining to the site organization.
- Site controlling and reporting: Responsible for the site and the entrepreneurial obligations imposed on him as stipulated in the national safety regulations. Establishes efficient methods / processes for site controlling and reporting that at any time permits obtaining an up-to-date overview of the site status. Continually analyses and monitors achievement of set targets in terms of professional, financial as well as scheduling objectives, also checks the quality of processes and profitability. Recognizes non-conformances at the site in due time, identifies the causes of problems and eliminates them. Evaluates and documents the site status. Regularly informs the customer, management and the project team as to the site status. Organizes an efficient QA Controlling System at the site. Is responsible for the safety and worker safety of all employees at the site in line with applicable stipulations and contracts.
- Risk management: Is aware of the sources of risks / opportunities at the construction site, collects relevant data and makes them available. Together with CSM, assesses the impact and risks / opportunities at the construction site and evaluates these from a financial standpoint (e.g., economic, organizational risks, employee / skill capacities, contractual risks, acceptance criteria, change request Site Installation Engineer Professional & Expert strategies for risk avoidance or mitigation of risks for the project and implements these strategies, e.g. formulation of claims and follow-up thereof, as well as defense against claims.
- Employee Management: Plans the requisite site employee resources for the site (qualitative: skills, quantitative: headcount). Stipulates deployment of employees and optimally utilizes resources. Ensures targeted and comprehensive communication within the site team. Agrees on targets with the site employees and delegates defined responsibilities to the right employees. Coaches the team /individual employees and gives individuals and groups feedback on performance and expectations in the course of the project. Holds performance reviews that focus on the comparison of specified/actual skills (knowledge, experience) and competencies in the context of current project tasks and derives necessary training and career development measures (as or with manager who has disciplinary responsibility) to give feedback on performance and conduct during the project and recommend future career development measures.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world
- Professional development opportunities within the company
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Several years of experience in construction of complex industrial projects (preferable for combined cycle power plant projects)
- Has worked at several sites as a technical supervisor / technical commissioning supervisor
- Has already gathered experience in leading and managing subordinates
- Has lived and worked abroad (intercultural experience), experience with working in teams with an international makeup, acceptance of other cultures is a prerequisite
- Degree (or equivalent) in a mechanical, electrical or civil engineering discipline
- Good communication and leadership skills
- PM Certification is a plus (e.g. IPMA Level B or C)
- Willingness to work in any foreign country, mobility, fitness for service in tropical areas.
- Language competencies:
- English: Advanced – reading and writing
- Spanish would be a plus
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon .You’ll also get to visit other locations (project sites) in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time