The automotive market is currently drastically changing towards a more simulation driven approach, especially in the development phase, which demands for more accurate models. Being the only contact point with the road, the tire (models) has a very large impact on the overall vehicle performance. Siemens provides the industry standard in tire modelling for vehicle dynamic applications. As a result of our success, we are looking for a (Senior) Engineer.
Do you get excited from working closely with automotive OEMs on new modeling solutions to bring them closer to a digital twin? Can you quickly break down complex tasks to overcome market gaps and push existing solutions to a new level? Do you have a strong background in modeling and simulation solutions? We would love you to come strengthen our team!
The position is of key importance for embedding the Simcenter Tire suite of software and services into our customer processes. You will be part of an enthusiastic and experienced team of engineers, working in close collaboration with the R&D, Software, and testing department. The COVID pandemic has proven that we are well capable of working from different locations, as long as you have excellent communication skills. We expect you to work on a self-supporting basis, where you can back up your work with some theoretical background. You are a good team player and eager to learn new skills.
• You are responsible for non-standard customer request that require a new view on the state-of-the-art technology
• You can clearly communicate the results of a project to the customer by providing technical background and demonstrations.
Required Background & Education:
• Master of Science, preferentially a mechanical engineering degree with specialization in Automotive engineering
• Working experience of at least 3 years in (physical) modeling and simulation solutions based on theoretical background, preferable in an automotive context or at a passenger car OEM.
• Knowledge and experience with MATLAB Simulink. Preferably also experienced with other vehicle dynamic tools as ADAMS, CarSim, CarMaker, VI-CarRealTime etc.
• Representative and excellent communication skills is a must
• Strong analytical skills with the capacity to independently analyze complex processes/problems in order to improve/solve them
• High level of verbal and written English language
• Willingness to (occasionally) travel to attend for example customer meetings or conferences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: TASS International B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time