Siemens Mobility Customer Services is responsible for maintaining trainsets across North America. We have supported our locomotives and passenger coaches over more than 20 years long contracts. Continuous improvement of our best-in-class maintenance services is close to our heart.
We seek a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and dedicated Innovation Manager to help us innovate our maintenance processes. Together with our customers, you will drive a culture change from preventative and OEM-recommended maintenance to deductive, condition-based care to improve the availability, reliability, and maintainability of our customers' assets.
We set up a dedicated business innovation program that supports our maintenance service projects with the creativity and implementation of innovative maintenance technology. Improvements such as continuous health monitoring will enable our customers with extended service intervals, including overhauls, and unlock new opportunities through innovation. Instrumenting our locomotives (e.g., diesel engines) and passenger coaches with additional sensors and data analytics allows us to assess the health of a rail system in real-time so that we can make smarter maintenance decisions. Digital tools like interactive health reports or an integrated asset management application help our technicians in the depots to improve the reliability of our vehicles. Using tablets allows us to digitize inspections so that we can be a paperless depot and sustainable company. We can either accommodate you working remotely or we would be glad to welcome you to one of our offices around the country!What your day-to-day will look like:
The Innovation Manager is heading the "Health monitoring and RCM Improvements" group within our "Maintenance Technology Innovation" department and will help us increase our enormous revenue backlog's efficiency and profitability. You'll drive new maintenance business models together with our customers.
You and your team are responsible for the discovery, creativity, design, and implementation of innovative maintenance technology solutions. The Innovation Manager establishes new partnerships with verified component suppliers and inspires start-ups. You define and lead pilot projects with your partners, continuously monitor and validate the outcomes, and actively motivate change in our maintenance processes with our maintenance service projects. Our maintenance service projects see you as a trusted partner, continuously seek your support, and contact you with new ideas for improvements.
You will lead a multi-functional innovation team of a Business Analyst, Data Scientist, Reliability Engineer (RAM LCC), and a team of Rail System Engineers. You are responsible for bridging our technical engineering team with our and our customer's maintenance and IT teams. Internally, you collaborate closely with Procurement, our Maintenance Contracts Business Segment, Finance, and Legal to implement and complete each innovation case. Key partners to the role are Chief Mechanical Officers of our customers, the Head of Heavy Maintenance (Overhaul), Technical and Commercial Project Managers, and our Head of Technology & Engineering.
Showing initiative is close to your heart. A constantly evolving and changing technological environment is a challenge that motivates you, and you quickly adapt. To your customers, you want to be known as a trusted partner. You're an entrepreneur who impresses internal and external executive management.To thrive in this role, you have:
- Proven experience in rolling stock (railroad) maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related experience
- Demonstrated success in innovation projects
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or technical equivalent experience.
- Exceptional understanding of rail manufacturing or rail maintenance, digitalization, and business management.
- Intercultural expertise and collaboration with international Project Teams.
- Tech-savvy and innovative mentality
- Demonstrably strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Strong experience with Diesel Engines for rail
- Three or more years of direct customer service experience.
- Experience with agile project management methodologies
- Familiar with Siemens-specific PM tools and methods, Project Management Professional (PMP®), or other Project Management methodology and terminology.
- Written and verbal German language skills are strongly preferred.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.