Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
This is a business operations position and an opportunity to be a part of the growing Grid Control business. The Commercial Project Manager (CPM) role would be engaged on project sales and project execution in accordance with PM@Siemens guidelines making sure the project is executed per contractual scope and Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG).
The CPM will partner with project stakeholders (customer, suppliers, project manager, Engineers, sales, procurement, legal as well as Auditors) and collaborate across all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Partner with Project Managers to drive business success (project quality, on-schedule, meeting Budget)
- Project Costing and Pricing / Order Intake calculations
- Commercial contracts
- Coordinate performance Guarantees, Insurances and Taxes to achieve contract commitments
- Proper financial project setup and financial performance plan
- Monitor and control project scope, schedule, budget and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Full P&L responsibility and Cash Flow performance for assigned projects
- Project Financial transparency: Sales Controlling, Performance Measurement, Planning, Forecasting, Reporting, Revenue Recognition, Cost analysis, Reconciliation and Deviation Analysis
- Proactive Risk/Opportunities assessment/management
- Partner with Project Manager to drive Continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure clean and accurate record keeping of the Financial statements of the project in adherence to Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG’s)
- Lead project team to achieve committed targets
- Become a trusted partner for the Project Team by Collaborating, Leading and Educating team members from other areas on all financial and compliance topics
- Month end closing process activities
- Partnering with Project Manager in identifying, reporting, minimizing and mitigating non-conformance costs; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general
- Ensures efficient communication with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- Typically 5 years experience in the finance / accounting area
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (esp. Excel, Word & Power Point), Tableau, Power BI and SAP
- Good ownership and excellent communication & interpersonal skills - strong collaboration approach
- Solid accounting skills with ability to demonstrate an understanding & interpretation of key financial statements
- Knowledge of Accounting principles in alignment with FRGs
- Experience in Financial Planning and controlling
- Experience managing projects
- Ability to read and interpret contracts
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced and dynamic environment.
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.