We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
Power grids - the ultimate engineering achievement of modern times. Behind the scenes is a massive flood of digital data, which enables utilities to plan, operate, and maintain their grids with a digitalized model of the physical world. With trends like decentralization, renewables and e-cars, this data is increasingly complex to manage and exchange.
Our mission is to bring the physical power grid in a digital twin world.
You will develop software solutions for our next generation Grid Management Software.
Join our amazing teams located in ODTU Teknokent in collaboration with international team setup located in Europe and North America.
You can prefer to work in partially remote model (hybrid).
We are seeking DevOps Engineers to define and develop the development environment and the CI/CD infrastructure of Grid Control Software initiatives for management of electrical power networks.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, design, document, develop, automate, monitor, maintain and support DevOps processes/steps (such as build, release, cloud deployment, version control, branching, and merging etc.) for contributed on-premise and/or cloud development projects,
- Contributing to requirements derivation and design on DevOps related issues,
- Creating, improving, and maintaining new or existing continuous integration (CI) pipelines,
- Establishing a continuous delivery (CD) pipeline and maintaining its operation,
- Keeping up with metrics and using monitoring systems to provide the best performance, scalability, and stability,
- Conforming to Siemens processes, quality standards and guidelines,
- Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
- Supporting the development teams in the efficient use of technologies and tool chains (such as Git, container, Artifactory),
- Facilitating the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical-Electronical Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in complex software development projects especially as a Configuration Manager and/or DevOps Engineer,
- Hands-on experience in high quality software delivery and administration of live systems,
- Experience in distributed systems and microservices architectures,
- Experience in implementation and further development of CI/CD concepts and best practices (Templates, Pipelines, Workflows),
- Experience in development and maintenance of infrastructure automation and related tools (Scripting, Kubernetes, Terraform),
- Experience in containerization strategies (such as Docker),
- Proficient understanding of code versioning systems (such as GIT) and experience in related management software (such as GitLab),
- Experience in maintaining and supporting the usage and integration of development tools,
- Understanding of network concepts, network configuration and network management,
- Able to locate cross-cutting concerns (i.e. pointing out common usages and practices) to guide software development teams.
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Experience or interest in development with a variety of scripting and/or programming languages,
- Understanding and hands-on experience on clean and well documented script/code,
- Experience in security concepts and good understanding of related technologies,
- Experience in database and object storage administration,
- Knowledge of Energy Domain - Power Systems concepts.
Desired Soft skills:
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools, and Energy domain know-how,
- Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive, and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy, and well documented business delivery,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
- An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences.
What else do I need to know?
- Fluent command of English is a must.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds”
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time