If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- In May, we established a new business unit called "Software" to strengthen the growth of our software-oriented business (Mobility-As-A-Service / MaaS, ticketing systems, and software for timetable optimization and seat reservation). Currently, the business unit employs about 1000 people in Germany, India, the Netherlands, and the USA.
- You will build up the central strategy function and your own small team.
- Together with the management team you will develop a business strategy and market positioning for our new business unit.
- In doing so, you will be able to further develop an existing business (e.g. ticketing) in mature markets and at the same time position us determinedly in new, emergent markets (mobility-as-a-service).
- In addition, you will coordinate and manage the internal strategy process.
- You will systematically monitor our dynamic market environment and, if necessary, accompany M&A processes.
- Furthermore, you will act as an innovation driver for the management team and generate new ideas, for example improving the scalability of our product development.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You hold a Master’s degree in information or natural sciences.
- In addition, you convince with several years of professional experience in strategy.
- You are characterized by a background in the software business.
- Furthermore, you are familiar with the mobility industry (e.g. public transport, DRT, routing, scheduling, sharing services, ticketing, MaaS) and know the market environment with its mix of established providers and start-ups.
- You combine strategic competence with a pragmatic, implementation-oriented way of working.
- For your task with global responsibility, you bring joy in intercultural cooperation and willingness to travel - as well as excellent English skills. German language skills are an advantage, but not necessary.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Karl-Christian Gerbaulet.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either