We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
eMeter is seeking a Frontend Developer, who is enthusiastic and quick to learn, and who can:
- Create well-designed customer specs.
- Understand users, apply good usability practices, and continuously find better ways to improve the experience.
- Actively collaborate with product managers, UX, QA engineers and Release engineers to own the solution from development to production.
- Research new libraries or techniques, creating proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Develop high level and detailed designs, implementation, automated tests, and performance and resilience tests.
- Help to foster an environment of open communication, creative thinking, problem solving, and cohesive team effort.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- MS/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing frontend applications.
- Experience in designing modern component and module-based interfaces such as JS-modules and web components/React/Angular-style componentization
- Experience with Redux or similar modern state management/dataflow techniques
- Experience with Webpack, Gulp, Babel, and Rollup.
- Experience developing and deploying single-page applications and advanced topics, such as PWA, HTTP/2, web sockets.
- Strong front-end debugging skills.
- Experience in unit testing code with JEST / enzyme / Jasmine / Karma / Mocha / Chai.
- Strong team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion.
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things.
- Passionate about developing amazing user experiences.
- Strong technical English written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain and document technical ideas and designs, developer guidelines, operations guides, and prepare and conduct technical presentations and knowledge transfers.
- Proven ability to work closely as part of a small development team, providing design review and guidance, code review, test case review.
Great to have skills:
- Working knowledge of Web Components, Shadow DOM, Templates.
- Experience working on UI Frameworks.
- Experience with web component interoperability with other frameworks, e.g. using Angular Elements
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.