Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is in search of a self-driven individual to complement our growing business development team. The position will be within our Infrastructure and Energy Solutions (I&ES) organization primarily supporting Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI). We are seeking a qualified candidate for a permanent position to develop new business with new and existing clients and win sales opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented individual who can create long-term, trusting relationships with customers, identify and capture opportunities.
• Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customers while serving as the primary point of coordination for Siemens organizations pursuing entry into Federal Government accounts.
• Coordinate with SGT’s Siemens affiliates for customer information, visits, and pursuit decisions.
• Ensure a coherent, integrated Siemens message to customers while promoting the full breadth and depth of Siemens’ services and solutions that can support the customer’s mission.
• Provide customers an avenue to communicate satisfaction/dissatisfaction with Siemens performance. Host customer visits and arrange visits for Siemens leadership to customer sites.
• Conduct customer assessments on contract/task performance and provide feedback to Siemens organizations. Working with project execution, facilitate the resolution of any conflicting internal or customer-based issues and attend customer quarterly program reviews.
• On-site assessment of client’s existing energy and equipment installation and operation, decision-making stakeholders, and processes to position SGT for solution sales.
• Working with the engineering/project development team to elaborate on a tailored solution by analyzing customer’s technical assets and infrastructure.
• Identify, qualify, and lead the capture and closure of business opportunities using Shipley processes and work with designated proposal team to shape such opportunities.
• Develop win strategy, price to win, and discriminators.
• Obtain competitor intelligence including their market approach, product/services, historical pricing patterns, strength/weakness, discriminators, customer relationship, and past performance.
• Generate and increase order intake and drive the organization to the next level of expertise by demonstrating our competence in critical military infrastructure with an emphasis on electrical infrastructure.
• Manage customer technical queries and coordinate the resources to develop a response.
• Lead the development and delivery of presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts, proposals, and business and technology status reviews.
• Support overall proposal development efforts to include preparing draft Statements of Work, writing proposal volumes and sections, developing content and presenting at milestone and gate reviews, reviewing/editing proposal responses, participation on “color” and review teams, and providing support across functional lines.
• Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. monthly sales results and annual forecasts) and prepare reports on account and opportunity capture status and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) on a weekly basis.
• Develop campaign plans, account plans, and specific opportunity capture plans that shapes and supports annual corporate planning efforts of a customer’s direction, trends, and strategic opportunities.
• Develop and track a strategic call plan which includes regular, periodic meetings with strategically relevant customer contacts.
• Employees of Siemens Government Technologies may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with the workplace safety protocols for Federal contractors and subcontractors pursuant to Executive Order 14042 or state/local laws and regulations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level U.S. Government Security Clearance
• BA, BS, or equivalent technical degree.
• Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences of company and government executives.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively communicate progress, status, and issues to internal and external customers.
• Experience developing project financials and bid packages.
• Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, or relevant role.
• Basic know-how of financial business models and contractual requirements for U.S. Federal Government procurements.
• Experience providing customer solutions through U.S. Government IDIQ or Multiple Award Type Contract vehicles.
• Ability and willingness to travel, both domestic and international, at a minimum of 30% annually.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 10 years of experience in a corporate or government setting.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies, and procedures.
• Experience in marketing, pricing, and managing energy, building control, fire alarm, electronic security, and electrical services projects through U.S. Government IDIQ or Multiple Award Type Contract vehicles.
• Understanding of power distribution from the substation to building level and requirements for interconnection of generating assets.
• Understanding of energy contract vehicles including ESPCs, UMCSs, PPA’s, UP, UESCs and other contracts as required.
• Experience having worked in a matrixed organization.
• Current possession of a U.S. Government issued security clearance.
• Proficient in MS Office suite applications, Salesforce, and web or cloud based software applications such as SharePoint.
• Knowledge of U.S. commercial and Government standards, regulations and codes will be beneficial (e.g., DoD Unified Facility Criteria, OSHA, NFPA, ASHRAE, NIST, DoD, RMF, NERC CIP Cyber security, etc.)
• Candidates with ability to work from remote location within the United States will be considered.
• Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level U.S. Government Security Clearance