Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking a HMI/Scada Engineer for our Airports operation at our Irving (TX) location. The candidate will support the design, install, test and commissioning of baggage handling systems (BHS).
The ideal candidate will have excellent academic background and be able to apply the knowledge learned in engineering schools to solve problems and suggest innovative solutions. The successful candidates will work with experienced engineers as a part of a project team and learn the intricacies of Automated Baggage Handling Systems.
Working in a Matrix organization and reporting to the Engineering Manager and under the direction of the Project Manager, develops SCADA application solutions to meet customer requirements through team and individual efforts. Participates in the analysis and composition of requirements, design of architectural and component software features, design and implementation of system, design and implementation of test plan, and documentation of final product. Should be able to install, design and develop the HMI/Scada application. Duties may include reviewing the requirements, support existing projects and documentation, setup project servers and following test procedures.
- Bachelors/ Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering or a related discipline
- year of experience in designing and developing SCADA applications
- One years of experience in developing SQL scripts and knowledge of SQL Server/Oracle
- Work permit sponsorship is not provided; candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Travel approximately 25% of the time
- When required, work odd shifts
- Candidate must negotiate ladders and catwalks on jobsite and occasionally able to lift 40 lbs.
Required/Must have skills:
- Experience installing, and programing of Rockwell Factory Talk family of software and/or Inductive Automation Ignition
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience of writing SQL scripts
- Hands-on experience with programming applications using Factory Talk SE server and clients
- Hands-on experience with a relational database query language such as SQL
- Write the test plans and demonstrate the system
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be able to negotiate stairs, ladders and catwalks occasionally when on jobsite
As an employee of Siemens Logistics, benefits include:
- Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose.
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Professional development
Siemens is recognized by “Fortune” as one of 2022’s Most Admired Companies in the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that embraces and promotes ownership culture, empowerment, open communication, diversity, and collaboration. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.