Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us. At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. Here, you can be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
Our Molecular Imaging business line has an exciting opening for a talented and experienced Quality Engineer. This position is located in our Hoffman Estates, IL office. While local candidates are preferred, relocation support may be provided to exceptional out-of state candidates.
This position reports directly into our Manager of Supplier Quality. The successful candidate will be instrumental in shaping the supplier quality organization in ensuring that our products continue to meet or exceed customer requirements and that organizational quality objectives are satisfied which are consistent with regulatory requirements and business objectives. You will work cross-functionally in some cases, working to ensure that the supply chain is fully qualified before product release. In other cases, you will drive your own initiatives. You will contribute to and be exposed to knowledge sharing activities across different disciplines.
What You Will Do:
- Approve, develop and manage all direct and indirect quality relevant material suppliers, and ensure the material received from them is conforming
- Review design specifications and develop material inspection plans within the SAP ERP system to be used incoming inspection personnel to assess the conformance of received material. Provide assistance and guidance to inspection staff as needed.
- Develop and maintain supplier performance KPl's and utilize them assess quality trends, performance target setting and verify effectiveness of implemented corrective action plans.
- Analyze the complexities and interrelationships of non-conforming material situations and determine the root cause as well what an effective corrective action plan would entail. Evaluate responses from suppliers to formal corrective action requests (SCARs) for thoroughness and effectiveness.
- Proficiently use basic statistical analysis methods and practices to analyze processes and corrective action plans to determine the state of control or effectiveness.
- Conduct on site supplier QMS and or process audits and drive corrective action plans
- Accompany and support customers during external reference site visits
- Participate in the knowledge exchange with our R&D team to improve and further develop our products and software solutions
· BS degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
· 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a quality discipline or related field, and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and job knowledge.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Experienced in performing both quality system and product audits performed at a supplier or subcontractor facility both domestic and internationally. Have obtained sufficient audit training from an accredited source (ASQ or ANSI-RAB NAP) resulting in an ASQ-CQA or RAB certification.
· Achieved and maintained ASQ-CQE certification
· Knowledge / training of ISO 13485 and ISO 9000
· Received training and successfully implemented quality assurance methodology to analyze and control key process parameters (Six Sigma, SPC, gage R&R, FMEA, and Poke -Yoke, etc.)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office with emphasis on EXCEL. Minitab experience would be a plus
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.