Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior Scientist – Collaborations Manager for the Computed Tomography R&D Division (Boston Area).
This is a role well
suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As a Senior Scientist – Collaborations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing scientific and medical affairs collaborations at luminary institutions and driving joint projects that can lead to publications, extramural grant applications, and/or patent applications
- Maintaining clinical and technical expertise in computed tomography - Collaborating both with R&D development teams and clinical partners for comprehensive evaluation and testing of prototypes and new products
- Identifying, building, and supporting strong collaborative relationships with key thought leaders
- Keeping customers & collaboration partners informed and up-to-date about the Siemens Healthineers technologies
- Drafting, negotiating, and pulling together all collaboration contracts with support from legal, regulatory, and compliance
- Tracking milestones and deliverables of research projects
- Maintaining accurate budget and conducting budget planning with appropriate colleagues
- Effectively communicating with Siemens Healthineers internal audience and leadership
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have completed studies in the field of Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Medicine and/or Computer Science and have a strong clinical and technical background in the fields of Computed Tomography, Medical Imaging, Artificial Intelligence and/or Radiation Therapy.
- Experienced with photon-counting CT is a plus.
- You have the ability to take initiative and lead projects in multi-disciplinary groups
- You have the desire to learn, ask questions and be resourceful to identify innovative applications, develop own, creative solutions to complex problems
- You are willing and able to travel up to 25%, including short term international trips
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- PhD in related field or MD
- 1– 3 years of experience (industry or post-doctoral fellow)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Assertiveness and can-do attitude
- Experience working in a clinical and interdisciplinary environment
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.