Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
We offer a role with responsibility, independence, and the possibility to contribute proactively. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development.
Join our team as “Application Engineering Support Manager (m/f/d)” in Munich, Germany or Hamburg, Germany.
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced Applications Engineering EDA support team that is managing a complex set of tools in our Tessent (Design-for-Test) Product Suite. As a Manager in our Tessent Support team, you will work closely with some of our top customers, account teams and product division to ensure that we provide the best in-class support for our Tessent products.
The position is technically challenging and holds a broad set of dynamic responsibilities. In return, there is an excellent career growth path for people who excel in the fast moving and high rewarding environment. The candidate will be part of an agile global team that works very closely with top customers and ensures the high quality of our solutions in a constantly changing and highly competitive environment. The ideal candidate will be self-directed, thrives in a fast-moving setting, is hungry for knowledge and is motivated to grow and take on more responsibilities in the organization. The person will have the opportunity to learn a multitude of software tools and solutions and be exposed to the latest development in the industry.
You will lead a team of Corporate Application Engineers, located throughout Europe, to support post-sales efforts, product deployment, and lead adoption at major accounts. You and your team will be a pool of European expert resources for the Tessent product suite.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Managing the customer support day-to-day functions i.e technical support to customer issues, responding to escalated customer support issues and implementing customer support processes to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with product marketing teams, sales management, account teams, to understand business opportunities, develop and execute regional technical support plan to align with the sales account plans. Also managing resource levels within the technical team to align the right technical resources to support pre-sales, competitive replacement campaigns and post-sales engagements.
- To drive post-sales support business for Siemens EDA, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of EDA support team to establish criteria for successful product adoption and driving customer success and satisfaction. Communicating frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
- Provides coaching to facilitate development of CAE team and drives individual and team achievement through the growth talks process.
- Establishes and maintains lines of communication with product engineering on issues such as considerations for product quality, reliability, and performance.
- Manage Knowledge Management process for CAEs to develop relevant Knowledge Based Articles, Videos driving self-solve process for the customers.
- Assessing customers support statistics and preparing detailed reports on the findings and next steps.
- Overseeing and evaluating the team’s ongoing training efforts.
- Interviewing and hiring new employees.
- Delivering performance evaluations and following the disciplinary process according to company policy.
- Managing the budget of the customer support department.
What do you need to realize what matters.
- BSEE or BSCS degree is required; MSEE degree preferred; 8+ years in technical sales/support or DFT Design/implementation roles. Management experience preferred.
- Experience in and broad knowledge of Design-for-Test methodologies related to ATPG, Compression, MBIST is Required. Experience with Tessent DFT a plus.
- Hands-on experience in Design-for-Test logic insertion and pattern generation is required.
- Experience with standard office applications like Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
What more do I need to know?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms. Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time