Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
There is a unique opportunity to manage a very dynamic team of DFT engineers supporting the industry leading Tessent product Suite. In addition to managing the support applications engineers in multiple European countries, you will also get to collaborate with the rest of our global support, R&D, and sales teams and managers.
Our recently released product, Tessent Streaming Scan Network (SSN), is helping customers solve the most complex IC test challenges of today and the future.
You can be part of the deployment of this breakthrough technology and entire Tessent product suite while also assisting your team in achieving their company and career goals.
Join our team as “Application Engineering Support Manager (m/f/d)” and help us digitalize the future.
Which role will you play?
Siemens EDA is looking for an Applications Engineering Support Manager to manage a team of Application Support Engineers in the Europe region supporting our industry leading Tessent Design-for-Test products. You will be responsible for managing the staffing of the support team in the European Region. In addition, you and your team will work together with our Sales, Marketing and R&D teams to ensure customers are successfully solving the complex testing challenges in different ICs found in Automotive, microprocessor, medical and cellular phone, and many other products.
The Support Applications Engineering team is the primary contact for our customers to help solve their DFT challenges. This dynamic team works well as a global organization and work collaboratively to ensure not only the success of the products and our business but also each other. As a manager of this team, you get to help shape that collaboration and success into the future.
In addition to guiding your team to solve technical challenge you will also help to improve the customer experience on our award-winning support portal: Support Center. The Siemens culture is one that promotes constant improvement and as such your voice will be heard.
The job has flexible hours and work location.
Like all new roles there will be challenges, however the young energetic team that you will manage makes it very collaborative and fun.
Who you are.
- You are excited about starting or continuing your management career in a customer facing but highly technical role
- You are continuously look for ways to improve your skills and the tools and processes you use to accomplish your daily work. In previous roles you created new or improved upon existing engineering tasks or processes.
- You have superb communication skills and a high emotional intelligence, with an ability to navigate different frames of reference among many stakeholders. In previous roles you demonstrated good communication skills by presenting results or new concepts to others.
- You might not have worked directly with the end customer but you like the idea of interacting with customers– especially highly educated and driven people – is tantalizing
- You own challenges, finding solutions even when it might mean leaving your lane; you can easily find examples of this when asked
- You are flexible and eager to learn new things, but you’re grounded in some experiences that match the challenging role you’re about to take on
- You enjoy multitasking and not doing the same thing repeatedly
What do you need to realize what matters.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in EE, CE, CS. If you have a graduate degree, that’s excellent and we will compensate accordingly
- You have a good understanding of the IC design flow and have done DFT implementation for at least 5 years. This experience does not have to be with the Tessent tools, but this is a plus and compensation will reflect this
- You have led people in some form in the past. This could be in a previous management position or in a team lead role
- You are comfortable working in and with teams in many different geographies and technical backgrounds
- You are comfortable communicating your ideas in both written and verbal form and are comfortable with presenting your ideas to a broader audience.
What more do I need to know?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms. Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time