What role will you play?
Data is at the heart of our business and one of our greatest assets. And we treat it like this. Who we are? - We are the Chapter Data Management at Siemens Financial Service’s Information Technology & Cybersecurity Function. We are a global team of experts accountable for Data Management Architectures & Development Principles shaping Data Management of Today and Tomorrow.
How will you help shape the future with us?
- In Collaboration with all relevant stakeholders (e.g., Chapter & Delivery Lead, Business, Data Architects) and based on predefined business & technical requirements, you develop our Data Warehouse and Data Lake of today and tomorrow
- Therefore, you take end-2-end responsibility from taking over the business requirements for a specific use case/ user story, translating them into technical solution designs (together with the Data Architects) and developing the technical end-2-end solution (incl. ETL-Jobs, if necessary, technical coding, testing, deployment & release)
- If necessary, you can help yourself to solve technical topics by programming well-fitting technical modules with e.g., python, Scala a/o c#, e.g., for user defined functions etc.
- You develop and maintain our development guidelines (e.g., Data Lake, ADF, DWH) for SQL Data Warehouse Developers and for Low Code DWH Developers and align these guidelines with all stakeholders (e.g., Data Governor, Data & BI Engineers in Business & IT)
- You can imagine taking a guiding role for other data engineers in the nearer future by being first contact and mentor e.g., for onboarding, introducing them in the usage of our data warehouse automation tool or e.g., for data modelling topics (e.g., Data Vault 2.0) and thus ensure high quality outcome of the data engineering community overall
- Together with experienced colleagues, you build up and moderate communities of practice for (citizen) data engineers and thus train them on our Cloud DWH technologies, automation tools & modelling techniques
What You Need to Make Real What Matters.
- The basis of your success is a degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Business Administration or equivalent with at least 2-3 years’ experience - Gained Knowledge in Finance and Banking Industry is a big plus.
- You are an enthusiast on data, data warehousing and engineering and you have worked as a Data Warehousing Developer a/o Data Engineer and gained experiences in working with & within Cloud Data Warehouse Technologies (ideally Snowflake)
- You are experienced in Data Modelling with Data Vault 2.0 and have worked with a Data Warehouse Automation Tools (e.g., DataVault Builder, WhereScape, etc.)
- You’re very experienced in programming SQL
- You already worked with CI/CD Pipelines, Azure DevOps, Git, GitHub a/o GitBash
- You know the fundamentals of the Azure Eco-System, such as Azure Data Lake Gen2, Delta Lake, Azure Data Factory and Azure Functions
- Ideally, you have in-depth knowledge in one of the following programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java, C++, C# and you are familiar with design patterns and object-oriented thinking.
- You are highly motivated to meet deadlines, convince through your hands-on & can-do mentality, your flexibility, and proactive support.
- Besides that, you love to work with KANBAN, SCRUM a/o SaFe.
- Finally, you can communicate technical complex problems easily to technical and non-technical listeners and are not afraid of presenting from time to time in front of a group
- English is necessary, German would be a plus.
- The Biggest of Tech Portugal -Technology Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão Magazines)
- Top Companies to work in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn)
- Healthy Workplaces Award - 3rd large corporations (Awarded by Portuguese Psychologists’ Association)
- Most ESG responsible company in Tech/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor)
- 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, biggest portuguese tech community platform)
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time