Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE), part of Siemens Digital Industries, is the leading provider of Advanced Process Modelling software, services and solutions to the process industries. We help our customers to develop and operate sustainable processes by applying digital twins based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing about 280+ employees worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved through substantial R&D spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its products and related business development activities.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence, flexibility and to contribute to new ideas. We foster a teamwork culture with great opportunities for personal and professional development to grow your career.
About the role
We are now looking for a highly motivated Bioprocessing Applications Engineer. This role is responsible for supporting activities in the core areas of the Technical Sales function encompassing business development to application of gPROMS FormulatedProducts solutions for client applications. This involves working closely with a highly dedicated and qualified technical team and sales operations team during pre-sales and post-sales activities in order to develop business opportunities with clients in the Formulated Products sector with a focus on bioprocessing. It is a customer-facing role that requires a self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with major customers, and who has strong communication and persuasion skills along with excellent process, industry and technical knowledge.
Area of responsibility
- Technical Account Management including carrying out pre-sales and post-sales activities to help clients and prospects apply PSE’s mechanistic modelling tools to industrial cases.
- Scope and deliver software evaluations, case-based workshops, and consulting projects.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations, software demos and generic training material.
- Support existing Formulated Products customers in their application of SPSE products via the SPSE Helpdesk.
- Product enhancement, identification and tracking of bugs encountered while working on customer applications.
- Gathering of requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests from customers and prospects to provide input into product roadmaps.
- Business development and lead generation through presenting at and attending events, trade shows, consortia meetings, webinars etc.
- Pro-actively instigate new discussions within accounts and prospects to enable SPSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities.
- Build positive and lasting client relationships to drive continued successful use of SPSE’s software products and services.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the bioprocessing industry or a PhD in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering. A related technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry may be acceptable depending on other experience.
- First-principles or mechanistic modelling experience. Bioprocess modelling skills and/or experience with partial differential equations are of particular interest.
- An excellent knowledge of bioprocessing, with laboratory experience in a related unit operation (cell culture, chromatographic purification, membrane filtration etc.).
- Experience with gPROMS®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is an advantage.
- Programming (FORTRAN, C, C++, python) and CFD/DEM experience is helpful, but not necessary.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
- Willing to travel within the Americas and occasionally Europe (up to 25% travel time)
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens means great work life balance and flexibility – whether that is full time in the office, hybrid or fully remote. We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We look for the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality and provide all the comfort and benefits employees need to achieve those goals.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Process Systems Engineering Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time