Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: EDA Cloud Engineer
Job Reference #: 321003
Job Location: Wilsonville, OR, or Remote, US
Siemens Digital Industries Software Technical Operations group is in search of a dynamic individual ready to grow with our EDA (Electronic Design Automation) cloud services team. This team is our one stop shop for all things cloud for our EDA software development organizations. Partnering with their customers and teammates, a successful candidate will enable public cloud consumption for IaaS and PaaS EDA needs, assuring appropriate security, monitoring, standardization, and overall governance across all cloud environments.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and necessary implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, containers, orchestration, elastic scalability, etc)
- Working with EDA segment leads, consulting, DevOps teams, SREs, and ops EDA cloud strategy
- Establish close, collaborative trust relationship with the DI SW development teams
- Provide technical expertise and consultative services to EDA development groups troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions spanning various cloud models
- Demonstrate broad understanding of current cloud technology environments and industry trends, providing recommendations, guidance, implementation planning, and cloud vendor liaison when needed
- Advance and standardize cloud consumption for modern and legacy application development and testing usage, delivering flexible, secure, and high performing EDA cloud solutions
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or relevant field
- 3-5+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting a variety of IT cloud solutions
- Broad knowledge of cloud computing technologies (including AWS, Azure, and GCP) and current computing trends
- 3+ years of supporting Enterprise Windows environments
- Positive attitude, self-driven, with strong commitment to delivering high quality work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with global teams, including comfort in presenting up through executive level management, to effectively communicate complicated cloud architectures, options, and plans
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision in a flexible, fast-moving and dynamic environment
- Experience leading technical teams
- Cloud architecture and operations certifications for AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies, waterfall to agile (SAFe), CI/CD pipelines, and DevOps practices
- Strong understanding of virtualization and containers, including working with applications transforming to microservices architecture and cloud-based deployments
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.