Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What is this Opportunity?
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated and technical Sales Executive to grow our Fire Service Agreement business in the GTA and SWO area in vertical markets such as Healthcare, Corporate Real Estate, Data Centers, K-12, Universities, Federal, and Provincial facilities. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and negotiation skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions, for direct end-user service market. Are you driven to succeed? With our NO CAP COMMISSION STRUCTURE, this will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit! Siemens new “Ready To Sell” Development Program: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
What will you do?
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of Service Agreements by scheduling sales calls, following up of leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies for commercial building system products to include fire alarm, total fire life safety service offerings, and mechanical systems.
- Position Siemens as an industry leader among service providers and position service as a key Siemens differentiator to customers and prospects.
- Jointly work with the multiple levels of the customer’s organization to understand and document their business and facility goals and how success is measured. Align the customers’ objectives with services to ensure that their building systems perform as required to achieve their facility and business goals.
- Develop value-based sales proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to complete a compelling proposal and close the sale.
- Follow through on sold Service Agreements to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth *sale to operations- turnover and monitors progress; Assist in resolving collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Stay involved with the customer to grow the Service Agreement when renewed by proposing additional customer valued services from the comprehensive Siemens portfolio.
- Participate in sales department meetings, workshops, training, and professional development seminars
- Actively involved and participates in civic and professional and industry organizations such as Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Building Owners & Management Association (BOMA), Electrical Safety Authority (ESA), etc.; Keep current on electrical, fire and mechanical market business and product trends.
- Develop and deploy effective Service strategies to grow their accounts and capture more Service wallet share. Prepares annual service roadmap for each account managed. Team sells with solutions sales executives. Develops and builds long-term relationships. Expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens offerings. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
- Key success drivers would include: managing the entire sales process including uncovering the opportunity, developing a service solution/value proposition, conducting a goals to service alignment workshop, preparing the proposal, creating the contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service selling any upgrades and add-on opportunities.
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in service, installation, inspections in the fire alarm industry
- Working knowledge of common fire and life safety systems and equipment, including but not limited to; fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems, fire pumps, fire extinguishers, kitchen hood suppression, etc.
- Familiarity with the related ULCand NFPA codes and standards that document the required inspection, testing and maintenance of these systems is essential
- Ability to perform customer site surveys to support the development of multi-offering service estimates and proposals across a broad fire and life safety portfolio
- Employ a customer focused approach that relates the benefits of scheduled maintenance and code compliance to customers’ business goals and challenges
- Build and maintain strong end-user customer relationships that position Siemens as their valued and trusted fire and life safety services provider
- Knowledge of and strong networking relationships within the local market is strongly desired
- Must be willing and available to travel 5-10% overnight for training and business development
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing, in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle program
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.