The position of a lead country Business Development Director for DES will be responsible for leading the business development activities for Siemens’ portfolio of Distributed Energy Systems and Solutions (DES) in Mesoamerica and will be the top-level representative for DES interests in the region. DES solutions comprise and incorporate applications such as cogeneration, small power generation, renewable energy, microgrids, and energy storage. A Senior Business Development Director will have broad responsibility to coordinate sales efforts across multiple Siemens Divisions, and will be accountable for jointly-held sales targets with the Field Sales team(s)
This position will report directly into the Siemens U.S. Distributed Energy Systems (DES) Center of Competence, which is a organization within Siemens working across multiple divisions with the goal to position Siemens as the preferred solutions provider for Distributed Energy Systems (DES) as well as the local management of Siemens Mexico This person will begin as an Individual Contributor with the potential to grow the DES business as a Manager, with direct report responsibilities.
The Mission of DES is to position Siemens as the preferred solutions provider for Distributed Energy Systems. To accomplish this goal, the DES team develops cross-Division business opportunities, technology/engineering expertise, financial offerings, new business models and establishing Siemens as a thought leader in DES.
- Work across multiple Siemens Divisions and Business unit heads to promote and develop sales opportunities for Siemens’ complete DES portfolio.
- Early identification and qualification of sales leads with cross-divisional sales teams (develop sales funnel).
- Co-manage customer communication and opportunity management with Field sales.
- Maintain Executive, C-level relationships and proficiency in value-selling solutions and services at this corporate level
- Lead virtual capture team through (incl. internal and external partners) from preacquisition phase to proposal delivery
- Develop new business model concepts
- Define solution gaps requiring external partners
- Work with sales and sales managers to develop target account lists, account profiles and strategic sales plans for coordination with sales personnel.
- Mentors and supports sales teams and individuals with customer presentations, proposal development, and RFP responses particularly with large target or key accounts.
- 15-yr+ of industry leadership experience, with strong external, customer focus and executive level engagement. Comprehensive knowledge of the Mexican and Meso American Energy and Power markets is a must.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Spanish
- Position will have annual sales/business development targets with senior-level responsibility for meeting business objectives
- Bachelors degree in an engineering or technical field; MBA is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver financial results and secure results in a matrix environment without direct managerial control. P&L management experience is a plus
- Ability to plan, navigate and negotiate a complex sales process.
- Experience coordinating diverse sales teams
- Project development experience in the power industry is a plus
- Strong Experience with Project and Energy Finance is a plus
- Expertise in the energy industry, specifically Distributed Energy sector
- Deep understanding of state and federal regulatory constructs in the Mexican Power sector
- Strong understanding of customer business & drivers for behind-the-meter power applications
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
· Maintain personal contact with major customers to ensure appropriate level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
Candidate RequirementsTravel ~30%.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time