Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for a Protein Purification Scientist to join their Healthcare Diagnostics business based at the well-established and modern facility in Llanberis, located next to Snowdonia National Park. The facility manufactures and distributes reagents for in-vitro diagnostic medical devices used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
You will be a member of the Subject Matter Expert team, with responsibility for a specific function area of protein purification and conjugation.
You will provide subject matter expertise and deliver the necessary training to the relevant teams on site.
- To gather process and product knowledge in the designated area to enable to successful transfer of critical raw material production
- To apply the gathered knowledge to manufacture to defined specifications following defined procedures and completing all documentation accurately to produce products of the required quality and quantity
- To develop sufficient knowledge and understanding to carry out technical troubleshooting during process/product transfer through to routine CRM manufacturing operations
- Provide the vision, leadership and organisation required to conduct transferred CRM manufacturing operations and develop the capability to meet future needs, including development of people and organisational structure and processes
- To assist in the qualification of process and equipment, and the generation of the necessary procedures and records to support CRM manufacturing
- To provide training and coaching to others, within designated area of expertise
Skills & Experience:
- Graduate or post-graduate in a science discipline or significant laboratory/industrial experience
- Knowledge of Immunoassay/in-vitro diagnostics, and experience of protein purification and conjugation
- Proven leadership ability with excellent communication skills. Able to communicate technical information both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems
- Computer literate, including use of data analysis packages
- Experience and knowledge in project management
- Experience in coaching and training
Being part of our team:
In Llanberis, Siemens Healthineers is the sole manufacturer of IMMULITE reagents, used in IMMULITE blood analysers to aid the diagnoses and treatment for patients – more information can be found here.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time