Siemens is one of the largest and most successful electrical engineering, automation electronics organisations in the world. Operating across many different industry sectors, our technology products and services touch almost all our lives in some way every day of the year. Join us and discover how you can make a difference.
Our success is underpinned by the sustainable value we bring to our customers and we do this through our products, services, solutions, and our people. Siemens offers an environment where high performance is rewarded and avenues for growth encouraged and nurtured.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We provide intelligent building automation technologies and solutions for commercial, industrial and public buildings and infrastructures.
We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources and operate their facilities more sustainably. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Building Management Systems (BMS) Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics or similar) to join our Smart Infrastructure Building Automation team based in Melbourne, VIC. We are ideally looking for engineers or experienced technicians looking to move into an engineering role with background experience in delivering building automation projects.
As a BMS Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and completion of projects of building control systems. You will be required to work closely with project managers, customers and contractors, developing rapport and a good understanding of a building's performance and control requirements. The role will provide you with the opportunity to work across a number of sectors including commercial buildings, data centres, healthcare, education, defence and a growing focus on exciting and challenging pharmaceutical projects.
Your daily tasks and responsibilities may include:
• Customer interaction and management including technical consulting
• Solution engineering, design, and technical support
• Site functional and acceptance testing
• Produce wiring diagrams, functional descriptions, schedules, and software in line with Siemens’s engineering standards.
• Receive project specifications from sales team and design building management system jobs.
• Choose appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost-effective solution.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or end client.
• Independently design building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centres or laboratories.
• Design building automation systems for medium/large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans and functional description documents.
• Generates DDC point database on all projects.
• Oversee the creation of system graphics.
• Bachelor's Degree – Engineering (Chemical, Oil &Gas/Petroleum/ Mining, Computer Sciences, Data Sciences, Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Data Sciences)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong networking knowledge
• Motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Building Management Systems industry
• Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required
• Proficiency in programming, job start-up, commissioning and troubleshooting
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. Additionally, Siemens endeavours to support it’s employees with technical and on-the-job training to ensure success in your role.