Siemens Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries, is a leading global provider of software solutions to drive the digital transformation of industry, creating new opportunities for manufacturers to realize innovation.
As a Senior Software Backend Engineer you will work with several teams responsible for developing cloud services and modules to meet our business goals. You will deal and manage activities spanning across the entire development lifecycle, including designing new architectures, hands-on development, code reviews and deployment. You will work closely with other teams in Israel and around the world including product and DevOps teams.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Design architectures and develop backend services of complex software solutions for our current and future cloud SaaS platform.
- Collaborate with product owners, developers, and DevOps to design, improve and implement new applications and various cloud, business logic, compute, and data services.
- Review software requirements, design and develop complex microservices to meet user needs and design inputs.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate suitability of new software technologies to platform development efforts.
- Take part in cybersecurity audits, devise and implement policies and counter measures.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of developing back-end applications under Linux/Windows operating systems.
- Experience of deployment and orchestration of cloud microservices
- Extensive experience of unit testing against mocked objects.
- Experience of software development using broad spectrum of cloud (AWS) services.
- Experience with AWS serverless compute.
- Experience in Node.js.
- Python experience at the backend is an advantage.
- SQL/NoSQL Databases.
- Proficient with version control using Git.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, or a related engineering subject.
Our office is in Airport city.
Siemens Software offers a flexible home and office working blend. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. We offer outstanding benefits and wide range of valuable rewards.
We offer great benefits, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time