The Siemens Financial Services (SFS) Risk Training Analyst Program offers you an opportunity to develop a sound foundation of credit skills through the combination of formal training sessions and practical live deal execution over a two-year period. You will undergo a variety of cross trainings in related subjects, crafted to improve long-term success across all fields of the investment banking / debt capital markets spectrum.
Throughout the program, you will rotate across functional areas of the Project Finance (PF) business to assist with deal execution and to utilize the skills developed in the Analyst Program. Near completion of the program and based upon your interest and aptitude, you will migrate towards a dedicated permanent role within underwriting, originations, or portfolio management functional groups within the SFS PF business. Analysts will be directly involved in transaction analysis, structuring, and the risk approval process for energy and infrastructure lending opportunities in North America and Latin America with typical hold positions of $25-$100 million.
PF is one of three businesses within the 2022 / 2023 SFS Analyst Program. As part of the SFS Analyst Program, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the other business units within SFS including, Corporate Lending (CLE) and Structured Finance (SF). Participants within the 2022 / 2023 SFS Analyst Program will be trained in concepts that span the products of energy / infrastructure debt, corporate private debt, and real estate / tax exempt debt.
- Receive selected professional training across subject areas to improve long-term credit career success, including training for credit & risk analysis, complex capital structures, legal documentation, energy and infrastructure modeling, restructuring, workouts and bankruptcy, technical writing, negotiations, and other sophisticated credit topics
- Allocate approximately 50% of time in year one towards live transactions and portfolio management - growing to 75% in year two
- Learn how the various markets for energy and infrastructure debt financing operate and how/where SFS operates in these markets
- Assist origination professionals with the identification, marketing, and sourcing of new debt financing opportunities and capital market relationships
- Complete ad-hoc projects related to business development, portfolio management, and general business planning purposes
- Complete a group research project passionate about a chosen strategic development topic
- Develop credit and comparative analysis skills: research financial sponsors, energy and infrastructure markets, technologies, and key participants
- Assist portfolio managers with monitoring of portfolio companies via the completion of trend cards and the organization and management of credit files in accordance with SFS policy
- Acquire a general understanding of SFS Credit and Risk Rating Policies to ensure risk management guidelines are adhered to and exceptions detailed
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics or other quantitative fields
- 2 years proven track record in financial and/or accounting roles
- Proven analytical, writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and possess proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment
- Ability to operate in a time pressured environment while maintaining a positive focus
- High degree of ability to learn, flexibility, energy, and initiative
- Oral and written Spanish skills are a plus
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.