Siemens Spartanburg is looking for a Fabrication Supervisor for our weekend shift operation Friday through Sunday 6pm to 6am. Our growing facility has over 500 employees that produce high-quality, engineered, and make-to-order power distribution equipment. The production supervisor is the key driver of all daily production related processed and the hub of information transfer between the hourly work force and Management, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Planning. The base shift is 6am to 6pm.This person will have up to 50 direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Spartanburg factory is focused on ensuring zero defects are created in our processes. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our success. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently.
What you will do:
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around Bar Fabrication.
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase productivity.
- Adhere to production schedule by establishing priorities, assigning personnel to work areas, monitoring progress, making personnel/priority adjustments, resolving constraint problems, by managing fabrication schedules with system tools.
- Work closely with planning and warehouse teams to ensure material availability and schedule adherence.
- Support digitalization efforts to implement tools such as Digital Wok instructions, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected tools.
What you need:
1. 3+ Successful years of experience as a leader in a manufacturing environment.
2. Associates Degree or higher required.
3. Completion of relevant projects to improve safety, quality, delivery reliability and cost in manufacturing environment.
4. Able to interpret engineering drawings and 2d / 3d blueprints.
5. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
6. Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or other environment.
7. Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reason.
What sets you apart for the pack:
1. Successful years of continuous growth in a fabrication department.
2. Lean Manufacturing techniques and experience are required for this role (5S, VSM, 7 waste, etc.)
3. Your ownership and drive succeed.
4. Experience with SAP and DMM systems.
5. Experience with make to order product.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.