Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join our rail infrastructure team. The role will be based in Chippenham or Newport office with flexible working and travel to work sites.
The Senior Test Engineer will be an IRSE 1.3.180 licenced Principles Tester to Complex level.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental requirements are complied with both at the site depot and work sites.
- Promote a zero accident / incident culture and environment.
- Manage testing and commissioning in accordance with the project programme and budget requirements.
- Ensure that testing and commissioning is carried out and recorded in accordance with correct and up to date drawings, plans, specifications and computer software and data
- Ensure that the quality of the testing and commissioning is in accordance with SRA, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards.
- Liaison with control systems, networks and other interfacing disciplines
- Liaise with the appropriate Project Engineering Manager and Design Engineers in respect of design issues associated with testing.
- Be familiar with the testing of CBI data in a workstation environment.
- Maximise the efficiency of site testing resources under their control.
- Management, mentorship and development of allocated staff.
- Undertake regular audits of the testing and commissioning operation to ensure SRA, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards are being complied with.
- Establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the client and with subcontractors and other third parties interfaces
- Certify the system and / or systems are fit for purpose and formally handover to the client.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Driving license (essential)
- HNC/HND/Degree in electrical Engineering or equivalent
- IRSE Licenced Principles Tester
- Experience in site testing of mainline or metro railway signalling projects for the testing and commissioning period of the project lifecycle
- A thorough grounding in the requirements for site testing activities as laid down in Siemens, customer, national and international standards and procedures as part of the overall project lifecycle
Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills associated with managing allocated staff and contractors, other functions within SRA and the customer.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time