Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Siemens Canada Limited, RuggedCom is a leader in the development of rugged communication networking solutions designed for mission critical applications in harsh environments. We are an innovative, rapidly growing company where you'll find an exciting, dynamic work environment and significant opportunity for personal growth.
What will you do?
- Develops software.
- Reviews relevant requirements, standards and other documentation to clarify and understand software engineering requirements.
- Estimates own work and provides such estimates to Team Leader or Project Manager
- As part of development performs unit testing to ensure delivery quality
- Presents technical findings and developments.
- Adheres to the software development process through the execution of module, subsystem and system test procedures.
- Participates actively in both hardware and software component selection
- Work within the process and procedures defined by the organization: reporting/recording bugs in tool, participating in daily stand-ups, planning and retrospective sessions, updating work items regularly in process tool
What will you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience developing software in Linux environment for embedded applications
- Has an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines
- Experience using C/C++ programming in a Linux environment, Debian Linux Distribution experience preferred.
- Experience with multithreading, object oriented programming.
- Experience with TCP/UDP/IP and socket programming
- Software source control tools such as Git, Subversion, etc.
Additional “nice to have” strengths in the following areas:
- Experience in developing, modifying and integrating open source projects (OSS)
- Experience with bootloaders
- Linux kernel driver and device-tree development
- Experience with Preempt RT Linux
- Experience with or working knowledge of Network device management over HTTPS, SNMP or NETCONF
- Experience working on Linux for complex embedded devices such as network firewalls, routers, etc.
- Experience with Ethernet, Wi-Fi, LTE, and/or PoE technologies
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.